Thread: I'm new on this forum

Nationality
    [United States]

Default I'm new on this forum

I'm new on this forum. I've bred amphibians for over 30 years and have a small part time business breeding and selling amphibians. Right now the only frogs I'm working with are orange Phyllobates terribilis and Pipa parva. I'm working with lots of salamanders. One of my bragging points is supplying c.b. ribbed newts to NASA for research. For several years they have done zero gravity work in outerspace with Pleuorodeles. This year my salamanders will stay on the ground and be spun at twice gravity in a 24 foot centrifuge.

(This part is fiction )> After they master stem cell growth and regeneration in newts they will apply that information to mammals. They will take some of my best brain cells and multiply them. When they shoot them back in my brain I will be brilliant!

I'm active on Dendroboard, Caudata.org, and post a lot on Kingsnake.com amphibian classifieds.

lnaminneci

Default Re: I'm new on this forum

Welcome to the Forum

MichaelS,
    That sounds very interesting. I hope the salamanders don't get too dizzy!
    And I like the idea about the brain cells, I wonder if they could do that with mine! Or would that turn me into The Brain....Hmmmm

Enjoy the Forum,
    ~Lesley

bshmerlie

Welcome to the forum Michael. It sounds like you have a lot of knowledge and experience with amphibians. You'll find that we are a lot nicer here than Dendroboard. Thanks for joining us.

Paul Rust

Welcome to FrogForum Michael.
    Thank you for the great introduction, being active on Dendrotard helps explain your first couple of posts, active on Caudata gives you redemption
    Looking forward to learning from and sharing with you.

Welcome!

I await your brilliance!

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Rust View Post
    Welcome to FrogForum Michael.
    Thank you for the great introduction, being active on Dendrotard helps explain your first couple of posts, active on Caudata gives you redemption
    Looking forward to learning from and sharing with you.
    OHH. Hi Paul. I was simply pointing out that my favorite way of raising D. hydei is the way that John said they should not be raised. When somebody says in their faq "you shouldn't do this" and it's the way I like to do it it gets my attention.

I hope you guys don't bust on Dendroboard all the time the way those guys on Salamandridae bust on Caudata.org.

Paul Rust

No Michael, we don't bust on Dendro. Unless they come over here looking to start trouble.
    We are very tolerant and want to keep this forum friendly and helpful..

Paul Rust

Quote Originally Posted by lnaminneci View Post
    Welcome to the Forum

MichaelS,
    That sounds very interesting. I hope the salamanders don't get too dizzy!
    And I like the idea about the brain cells, I wonder if they could do that with mine! Or would that turn me into The Brain....Hmmmm

Enjoy the Forum,
    ~Lesley
    Well Lesley,
    They could test the procedure by multiplying your best brain cells and inserting them into a genius and see if he becomes a monkey!

Poor Lesley!
    Poor Paul! If I were Lesley, I'd smack you. :P Or send a rabid monkey to your house.

Paul Rust

I know I have a good whooping coming when she sees it.

lnaminneci

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Rust View Post
    I know I have a good whooping coming when she sees it.
    LMAO!! You are lucky I have a good sense of humor!

And no Whooping coming your way, I know you'd enjoy it WAY too much!

Lesley

bshmerlie

MichaelS, I personally don't have a problem with Dendroboard and check them out often. A lot of their members have great ideas on setting up tanks and various other suggestions. I think its good to get idea to check out a lot of different forums and hear different opinions. It's only when members get aggressive or argumentative for argumentative sake that it becomes a problem. Frog care has changed a lot over the last 20 years. There are species that were once thought so delicate that they could not be kept by the hobbiest. What we often find is that we didn't know "HOW" to properly care for them. With the open exchange of ideas and suggestions we all learn how to better care for our animals. Some Dendroboard members have been known to intimidate and batter down newcomers in an often disrespectful way. That is not tollerated here as we have a very family type atmosphere. I think each forum has their strengths and weaknesses...stick around awhile and you'll see why we call it home.

Cheri

Thread Information