Thread: Eating Habits of a Whites

Hannah Wilbanks

Default Eating Habits of a Whites

Hello everyone! It has been a long time since I have posted anything, but I have been following the forum. I did have a questions today, my Whites is over a year old, and eats well. But latly, due to the heat, the pet store has had trouble with their cricket supplies. I have had to get baby crickets a few times. He ate them well the first time, but now, when I am forced to get small crickets he seems to take great pleasure in squishing them. He will eat a few, the he starts jumping on them. He doesn't do that to the larger ones, and will eat as many of them as I will let him. Is this normal behavior?

Thanks for any answers in advance!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

IgbyKibbits

Default Re: Eating Habits of a Whites

Wow, I've never heard of that! As far as the squishing goes, I have no advice for you. I, however, have also had problems getting large crickets from my local pet store recently. What I ended up doing, though, is order some wax worms/meal worms online (since I've been unable to find them in local stores). These guys will keep fairly well in the small transport container with some oat bran (if you see that their food supply is dwindling). I keep them on hand for those "just in case" situations and they are also great to add a little variety to the frogs diet since they are more "treat-like" than nutritional staples.

I order from Josh's frogs online and have had good experience with that, but like I said, I use them as "just in case" treats when the stores are out of crickets so I've only had to order once.

Thread Information