Thread: Starving GT froglets and USPS's stupidity

charlamanda

Default Starving GT froglets and USPS's stupidity

I am so frustrated....I ordered fruit flies from Josh's Frogs for the babies I've been trying to save (the whole story is posted under froglet saved in a bucket of water). I've been doing Pedialyte baths and offering them very small crickets and wax worms daily, but nothing. Last night I was so desperate I put them in the window above my door by the light to try to catch the few bug that are there. They did grab a few but are so weak kept falling off, falling 8-10 feet or more. I picked them up several times, but after the 3 time for each they didn't look so well so I brought them back in. Before I put them in their tank I gave them another bath and prayed the fruit flies would be here today, but nothing! I keep checking online tracking who as of today says I received them this am at 9:05, guess what I didn't get them! Now no one seems to have any idea where this package is or where it was delivered and the USPS rep said they will call me in 2 Business days. So now I have to wait until Monday!!!!!! I really can understand why people go postal if this is how they operate. Sorry for the therapy session, but I've tried so hard to save these frogs and this really sealed their fate and it's a shame.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Kurt

Default Re: Starving GT froglets and USPS's stupidity

That sucks. So sorry. I had something similar happen last year with some salamanders that were also shipped via USPS. They ended up arriving 3 days after they were supposed to. Luckily they were alive.

eufa1313

Yea, going postal, classic...

I hate ups & fedex they employ retards...
    I've had 300$ packages that were signature deliverd & they were left outside under my carport & 2 days after I. Kept checking the tracking number & calling them, they told me it was signed for.. I said what the fu%k???
    I did not sign for anything.. I was mad, anyway too make a long story short the driver got fired (according to them) & they paid me back for my shipping, not bad considering it was 28$...

charlamanda

Thank for the support. This am got a message from usps that they are going to deliver the package today at 8:30am its now 11:15am, guess they also can not tell time..... I put the froglets on the window for several hours again for a few bugs..it's so sad how weak they are. BTW...I don't have a gun and boy is the postal system lucky!!!

eufa1313

I have a gun, but I don't want prison time so I just yell
    I'm 6'7" about 390 lbs. bearded & coverd with tattoos, trust me, when I talk people listen....

charlamanda

LOL..that's funny! I am only 5'7", thin, few small tats and no beard yet...I'll have to wait until menopause from whatI understand...LOL
    Good news! I called USPS around 2pm and amazingly they said they delivered it!!!!...to my mail box in the mail room..not suppose to but at least I got them.
    I had Mucho problems with the flies.. killed a few closing the container and many escaped, but I got some in the dining room with the 2 hungry babies. They are so thin and weak , they'd eat a bug or 2 then nod off....i'd nudge them, they'd eat and nod off again....but it was only 3pm, so I tried again around 8:30pm- 11:30...same thing nod off...eat when nudged. Looks like I'll have to keep this up until they get their strength back, but at least they ate about 20 bugs each yesterday and I'll try again today. I also gave them a pedialyte bath too to help them regain their strngth ..poor little guys.

Paul Rust

Quote Originally Posted by eufa1313 View Post
    I have a gun, but I don't want prison time so I just yell
    I'm 6'7" about 390 lbs. bearded & coverd with tattoos, trust me, when I talk people listen....
    LOL, this is great!

Paul Rust

Quote Originally Posted by charlamanda View Post
    LOL..that's funny! I am only 5'7", thin, few small tats and no beard yet...I'll have to wait until menopause from whatI understand...LOL
    Good news! I called USPS around 2pm and amazingly they said they delivered it!!!!...to my mail box in the mail room..not suppose to but at least I got them.
    I had Mucho problems with the flies.. killed a few closing the container and many escaped, but I got some in the dining room with the 2 hungry babies. They are so thin and weak , they'd eat a bug or 2 then nod off....i'd nudge them, they'd eat and nod off again....but it was only 3pm, so I tried again around 8:30pm- 11:30...same thing nod off...eat when nudged. Looks like I'll have to keep this up until they get their strength back, but at least they ate about 20 bugs each yesterday and I'll try again today. I also gave them a pedialyte bath too to help them regain their strngth ..poor little guys.
    Awesome news, good job!
    I hope they recover quickly.
    Start a culture with these flies and never have a problem again.

IgbyKibbits

Charla -

First of all, unfortunately not surprised about the postal problems!!! ARGH! I'm constantly shipping stuff for work, and having stuff "mysteriously" disappear. I'm so sorry that you had the additional stress!!!

BUT, SO glad that they are eating and hopefully, their strength will come back quickly now that they've got their bellies gradually filling up! I'm just glad I could help with the pedialyte suggestion. I don't know if it truly did anything, but sometimes it's just nice to think that you are making a difference in situations when it feels so helpless!

I can't wait to hear the updates and am just praying they keep on growing for you! You've done so much to try to save them!!!

charlamanda

Thanks. Baby is still alive and eating some, keep your fingers crossed!

Thread Information