Thread: **here we go again**

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default **here we go again**

This is another couple sleeping on the job Lol. Also these are the tadpoles from the first lot of eggs. You will see they have grown in 6 days.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

charlamanda

Default Re: **here we go again**

What kind of tads r they? I have a pool full of them....again. The 1st lot was Gray Tree Frogs, now I beleive these are Northern Green Frogs. They r about 1/4" but I know how fast they'll grow especially with nice warm weather and a pool full of algae. They are more effecient than algae tabs or any other chemical and a lot more fun to watch. Congrades to the new mom's!!!

Paul Rust

That's awesome Ebony, looks like you are going to have your hands full.
    Last edited by Paul Rust; August 31st, 2010 at 01:44 PM.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Wow! Congrats to the mom and dad!

Nationality
    [New Zealand]

Quote Originally Posted by charlamanda View Post
    What kind of tads r they? I have a pool full of them....again. The 1st lot was Gray Tree Frogs, now I beleive these are Northern Green Frogs. They r about 1/4" but I know how fast they'll grow especially with nice warm weather and a pool full of algae. They are more effecient than algae tabs or any other chemical and a lot more fun to watch. Congrades to the new mom's!!!
    Yes I read you thread...that's awesome. These are Whistling tree frog tadpoles(Litoria ewingii). They are a small frog that I raised from tadpole. They are 6 years old. there is a thread on the egg development. You are lucky to have frogs living naturally in your back yard. I would love that. I think you should get rid of the pool and build a large pond, Ha ha.

Thanks Terry & Paul...Definitely going to be busy and im ready for it..Lol

charlamanda

I am actually planning on doing just that, but to regain my pool again. I don't have the heart to evict the littlt fellas with no where to go. I am trying to find all the equiptment for a waterfall, stream and pond with a fountain for airation. I've got lots of hydrangea and rocks for the bank, just like the little guys like. I've been feeling sick lately and thats why I haven't done it, so when I get better I'll start the digging or at least wait for my settlement money to have someone else do it. LOL
    It is really nice to watch them grow and I enjoy that it's so close, but my yard is a mess because I won't let anyone do the mowing. I'd be devestated if they were killed.
    Enjoy your new babies.

Kurt

Very nice.

Jace

Congrats, Ebony! I can't believe how many tadpoles you will have-you are so lucky. How are the rest of the tadpoles doing? I hope they all grow up big and strong and ready to make more tadpoles!!

Nationality
    [New Zealand]

They are doing great Jace..I had a look in the enclosure today and the first eggs still haven't hatched (winter here) but are not far off it. Just shows what a difference bringing them into a heated room makes. My seconds lot off eggs that I bought inside are hatching now.

I had a good look at my females last night..took photo's but not good enough so wont post..but it looks like one female is still full of eggs. The males are still calling so they must be waiting for her. Im hoping it will be over soon as the males need to fatten up a bit. We all no what their priority's are..Lol

IgbyKibbits

Congratulations Ebony! It's exciting to listen to the updates!

mikebannon

thats awsome! good luck with the tadpoles!

Thread Information