Thread: Coming up blank....

Jace

Default Coming up blank....

I am very excited to be putting my two Pacific Chorus frogs, Yoki and Taiki, together (Taiki was in quarantine). They are being temporarily housed in an Exo-Terra as of tomorrow while I redo Yoki's 5 gallon for the two of them. However, I would like to convert the 5 gallon long to a 5 gallon vertical, but I can't think of a way to make the current lid I have work for a vertical setup. Could anyone suggest a solution that I could do at home? I have plexiglass, meshing and aquarium-safe silicone at my disposal but I am really drawing a blank on how to make a home-made functioning cover....in other words, my artistic ability is at a low! Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

CrazyAirborne

Default Re: Coming up blank....

give us a pic if the current setup and im sure we can come up with something!

froggiez

do you have any type on hinges you can use at home? maybe if the plexiglass is the right size for the top hot glue or seal some hinges to one side and some sort of latch to the other for easy access for you? I will be doing this with my current set up to the screen lid as soon as I get some small hinges I can use and a latch because it is kind of a pain to put back on the screen lid after changing water n such, I turned my 10 gal vertical too but had a latching screen lid. I also used rubber matting for the edges around the lid for a better seal and fit for my screen lid. are you wanting to have water in the bottom? I just have soil in mine, for the soil I just used a piece of drift wood to keep the soil from falling out when I open the lid. I hope I gave you some ideas

Jace

Thanks, that does help! I will post some pics of the tank and the lid I have to show what I have to work with. And no, I am not using water in the bottom-just some moss which is going to be weighed down with a water dish for them to soak in. I don't have to rush on this as the temp tank they are in I have been given load of for as long as I need (whew!). Thanks for the suggestions!

Thread Information