Thread: A look ahead to 2020

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Default A look ahead to 2020

It's been a very challenging year with the parasites attacking my animals and all kinds of chaos with life, but I've been thinking about what I am hoping to accomplish from now and until December 31, 2020. I haven't written the care articles yet and I've been crazy busy. I am going to explain about the care articles and about my animals, Frog Week, and some other things.

I have been trying to put ahead some time to begin writing the care articles soon. A look at the care articles I will be writing:

Care Articles
    Independent Study (Amphibian Reproduction in Captivity)

Nutrition Caresheet for Eastern Tree Frogs and Toads

American Toad Caresheet 2

Gray Tree Frog Caresheet 2

White's Tree Frog Caresheet 2

Northern Leopard Frog Caresheet

Southeastern Five Lined Skink Caresheet

Mixed Species Caresheet

For the American Toads, Gray Tree Frogs, and White's Tree Frogs I believe I have more experience and education on these three species so I feel it's very necessary to create a part 2 to what I have already started. For the gray tree frogs and the American toads I will be talking about how to keep them in a native environment. I am not focusing on keeping them in a tropical setting. The whites tree frogs are different story we will just be talking about their care overall. I am excited to write about other animals and new experiences the hopefully can interest and educate anybody who reads it. there may be more care articles that are to come but tentatively this is what I'm looking at for this upcoming year. what are your thoughts on the care articles that I have proposed?

Now it is time to explain more about Frog Week. I am looking to partner with Josh's Frogs again and different forums and Facebook groups, but also the reptile report and possibly new companies, organizations, and maybe others. I am going to do my very best to try to get more people involved in marketing advertising and supporting the project because I feel a frog week is very necessary if we are going to conserve and interest people of these animals. my gray tree frogs and toads will be a part of Frog Week this year. They will be featured in some of the episodes but they will not be the most important part of the project. You will see all the toads, gray tree frogs and maybe some others.

Frog Week will take place at my college and at a state park. Some familiar places will be in this years edition as well. I want to show where the toads and gray tree frogs came from. The Abandoned Turnpike was a fun place, and the Western Woods (where I'm from) will have a role in the project as well.

As for what's going on with my animals I will explain a little bit. I don't have to discuss the Gray Tree Frogs (Gray Army) and White's Tree Frogs (Dumpy Family) because you have seen a lot of episodes about them and I also have a thread rolling called Frog Forests. this project is completely focused on the lives of tree frogs.

As for the Skinks (Skink Dynasty) they have been doing very well but I have a really big plan for them that I do not wish to reveal at this time so I have been keeping them away from the camera just because it is not their time to shine just yet. They are going to take part in a massive project but it's just important for me to note that they are all doing very well and I'm a release an update video about them at some point.

Ace, Pious, Wellsboro, and Navi are all doing wonderful. Ace looks like a completely different Toad and she looks so wonderful I am very pleased with her. Wellsboro has continued to be up and down with the parasites but I think he is actually starting to rebound and he looks his beautiful golden color now. We are monitoring him and the Toads three out of the four have a fecal exam sent in to the vet so we are awaiting the results and after a couple more tests that we run on them it's possible Wellsboro can leave quarantine to live with Ace and Pious in the 125 gallon. I have not found any poop from Navi so I cannot take her out of quarantine until we find poop from her. All the toads are doing really well it's a huge turnaround as compared to last year at this time.

I am planning to release and update video soon about these toads and I might as well throw in the skinks since they will not be featured for a while either. but I just wanted to explain that the animals are all doing very well even though we are battling the parasitic nematodes which could become a problem later on but as of right now the animals are doing as good as they ever have. I'm trying not to reveal any spoilers but I just wanted to give a tentative look at what I want to accomplish this upcoming year.

8 Care Articles
    Frog Week
    3 Storylines
    Product Reviews
    HEALTHY ANIMALS
    A Research Project
    Present at 2 Conferences
    And More...

Sent from my BKL-L04 using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: A look ahead to 2020

Very cool. I know we disagree from time to time lol but I’m glad for you.

4. This member thanks DanDrobates for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DanDrobates View Post
    Very cool. I know we disagree from time to time lol but I’m glad for you.
    Dan I don't even know what we disagree on lol I have a lot of respect for you and you always give solid responses on here. Your a very bright individual. Thank you for taking the time to read my post!

What are you most interested in seeing out of all of the work ahead?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Wardog View Post
    Dan I don't even know what we disagree on lol I have a lot of respect for you and you always give solid responses on here. Your a very bright individual. Thank you for taking the time to read my post!

What are you most interested in seeing out of all of the work ahead?

Lol thank you for the kind words. I’d like some more content about UVB actually. A while back I believe you had noted that pointed caudal bones may result from a lack of UVB. Low and behold my L. Caerulea had such a projection and I added UVB to my enclosure. I haven’t seen improvement per se but it hasn’t worsened so thank you for that.

7. This member thanks DanDrobates for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DanDrobates View Post
    Lol thank you for the kind words. I’d like some more content about UVB actually. A while back I believe you had noted that pointed caudal bones may result from a lack of UVB. Low and behold my L. Caerulea had such a projection and I added UVB to my enclosure. I haven’t seen improvement per se but it hasn’t worsened so thank you for that.
    I don't know if you already knew this but I might be late to the party in saying this but coil bulbs apparently have been known to effect vision of tree frogs so I switched to compact bulbs and anything but coil bulbs. If you ask me a deep question about it I don't have enough information to explain why but I did switch to compact bulbs and I am hoping no damage was done. I am working on learning about UVB and native species as well as their eggs. If you ever save or have frogs mate and get eggs make sure to keep them away from the sun because it apparently can destroy the eggs and kill the tadpoles.

Thread Information