Thread: Dumpy Frog has a broken foot/leg and won't eat >~<

Nationality
    [United States]

Exclamation Dumpy Frog has a broken foot/leg and won't eat >~<

My Dumpy Tree Frog (a.k.a. Whites Tree Frog) recently escaped outside. I was fortunate enough to find him again 5 days later. I noticed a day or so after I found him that his back right leg seemed broken. He drags it along as he walks and his foot droops. He has trouble jumping the other day I took him out to feed him and when I went to let him jump back in (usually Zeke prefers to jump frog my hand to his log or leaves) he hit his face on the back of the enclosure. Also even before he escaped I was having problems with him eating, usually he would either eat crickets or a pinky mouse and I tried to go back and fourth between the two to offer him some variety. Now he won't eat anything. I tried some super worms (with the heads cut of so they wouldn't bite him) and he wouldn't eat it at all when my other frog had no issue with them. Also I've tried his usual pinky mouse and he wouldn't eat that either. I don't know if I should craft him a tiny splint or not but I'm trying to handle him as little as possible only to try and get him to eat. I'm sure he found some crickets to eat while he was outside but I'm worried that I haven't /seen/ him eat for almost 3 weeks now. I have not tried crickets since he came back but I will probably try and get a couple of those, I've been suggested waxworms to try and get him fattened up a bit (his ear folds look nice and he seems to be of a healthy weight judging by those but his stomach has loose hanging skin and I worry he's underweight. I'm not sure if a diet change will get him to eat. He seems tired constantly and hates moving (more so than usual bc these frogs I know tend to be lazy but he usually jumps at food) the golden part of his eyes are always closed to where the black part is just a slit, even at night his eyes aren't open to be completely black like his little brothers. I'm wondering if the stress from escaping and coming back to a new little brother has affected him a lot? Also he hasn't croaked/barked since I found him yet he used to every night. The vet costs $60 just for him to get looked at then additional costs are added for x-rays and treatments and such (for that I could but 1-4 more frogs) and it is over and hour away from where I live to go to one that sees amphibians. I would like to treat him myself if I can but if it comes to it I will take him. Please, any recommendations will do

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Dumpy Frog has a broken foot/leg and won't eat >~<

Name:  DSCF2312.JPG
Views: 469
Size:  1.85 MBZeke's leg, his foot is curled up and his leg is droopy
    Name:  DSCF2313.JPG
Views: 449
Size:  1.82 MBhis skin is loose from not eating
    Name:  DSCF2314.JPG
Views: 452
Size:  1.83 MBhis eyes are always like this now he's never really alert (

Nationality
    [United States]

Name:  DSCF2308.JPG
Views: 553
Size:  1.85 MB
    Name:  DSCF2309.JPG
Views: 681
Size:  2.18 MBthey have a small water dish (the penny is for antibacterial purposes) a small jungle plant and a half cork bark thing, the actual enclosure itself is approx. 12x12x18 15(?)gal Zeke is usually in a 35gal but with his injured leg I don't want him to have to move around too much for stuff and Edmond is smaller and seems to be fine in the space provided
    Name:  DSCF2310.JPG
Views: 604
Size:  1.98 MBZeke is the larger lighter one and Edmond is the smaller darker one, Zeke also hasn't been camoflaugeing like he usually would (there is black paper taped to the back of the outside of the tank so they can feel hidden

Nationality
    [United States]

****UPDATE*****

I am just going to take him to the vet. It's better to be safe than sorry
    Faith Cogar: Human
    Zeke: White's Tree Frog
    Edmond: White's Tree Frog
    Jade: American Toad

Thread Information