Thread: Gray tree frog won't eat, any suggestions?

Default Gray tree frog won't eat, any suggestions?

Hey guys, so I have a gray tree frog, and he doesn't seem to want to eat. When I got him he was the happiest little frog, would croak everyday and eat from the tweezers. Now he won't take anything from them and I don't hear him croaking anymore. He was older when I got him, so could it be his time to go? If not what can I do to get him to eat? I have been putting a few crickets in his cage but I still see them running around. I do not have a UVB set up for him but I heard that UVB bulbs can make them want to eat, should I try that? Also, I don't think he has been waking up during the night time but I am not sure of that. I know hes alive because I go in there every other day and try to get him to eat and he moves around after that. He does have a favorite perch to sit on, a plastic tree, and Its pretty tall. Should I get rid of that so he has to move closer to the ground so he sees the crickets? Any ideas at all of what to do? Thanks guys

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Gray tree frog won't eat, any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Misakimon View Post
    Hey guys, so I have a gray tree frog, and he doesn't seem to want to eat. When I got him he was the happiest little frog, would croak everyday and eat from the tweezers. Now he won't take anything from them and I don't hear him croaking anymore. He was older when I got him, so could it be his time to go? If not what can I do to get him to eat? I have been putting a few crickets in his cage but I still see them running around. I do not have a UVB set up for him but I heard that UVB bulbs can make them want to eat, should I try that? Also, I don't think he has been waking up during the night time but I am not sure of that. I know hes alive because I go in there every other day and try to get him to eat and he moves around after that. He does have a favorite perch to sit on, a plastic tree, and Its pretty tall. Should I get rid of that so he has to move closer to the ground so he sees the crickets? Any ideas at all of what to do? Thanks guys
    Try to get more purchase for the Frog so that way it wants to go exploring. Yes get UVB that will help the frog out a lot. What is your temperature and humidity? It's unlikely that your frog is too old and is dying. Could there be a problem with the day and night cycles? You might also want to feed other feeders to the Frog. I can list different supplements you can use below before you give crickets or anything else to your frog. Sorry it took so long to respond

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Wardog View Post
    Try to get more purchase for the Frog so that way it wants to go exploring. Yes get UVB that will help the frog out a lot. What is your temperature and humidity? It's unlikely that your frog is too old and is dying. Could there be a problem with the day and night cycles? You might also want to feed other feeders to the Frog. I can list different supplements you can use below before you give crickets or anything else to your frog. Sorry it took so long to respond.

Ok, I will get more perches for the frog and move his favorite perch away from the spot so he has to travel to get there. The temperature is around 74-78 and the humidity is around 60%, with a misting once a day. Day and Night cycles may be a problem because sometimes I cant leave the lights on but that will be ending and even when I do turn on the lights (which is almost all the time). I can try the other feeders like some worms, can't remember exactly what worms they were besides there being mealworms. I do put vitamins and minerals on the crickets every other feeding. Is there anything else I can do? I gut load the crickets with cricket gel and cricket food. Thank you for your help!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Misakimon View Post
    Ok, I will get more perches for the frog and move his favorite perch away from the spot so he has to travel to get there. The temperature is around 74-78 and the humidity is around 60%, with a misting once a day. Day and Night cycles may be a problem because sometimes I cant leave the lights on but that will be ending and even when I do turn on the lights (which is almost all the time). I can try the other feeders like some worms, can't remember exactly what worms they were besides there being mealworms. I do put vitamins and minerals on the crickets every other feeding. Is there anything else I can do? I gut load the crickets with cricket gel and cricket food. Thank you for your help!
    The cricket food isn't good for the toads to get nutrients from the crickets. The Mazuri Gutload will help your toad. I would use the reptocal by tetrafauna because it can work with the Mazuri.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Wardog View Post
    The cricket food isn't good for the toads to get nutrients from the crickets. The Mazuri Gutload will help your toad. I would use the reptocal by tetrafauna because it can work with the Mazuri.

Ok, I will get the mazuri and reptocal. Thank you for the help!

7. This member thanks Misakimon for this post:

Thread Information