So, something weird happened with one of my little american toadlets. A few days ago I was cleaning out my toad enclosure and I noticed my largest toadlet had seemingly lost complete mobility in its back legs/entire lower half. This was completely sudden as I had just fed all of them dubia nymphs that morning and all was fine. I immediately put him in a hospital tub, at this point I was convinced some sort of spinal injury occurred and with no vet near me able to see amphibians I thought I may have to euthanize. To me, it seemed like paralysis. He was pulling himself and gave no reaction when I lightly pinched and prodded his toes. It was hard to watch

Anyway, later that night he seemed to be gaining back some control and the next morning he was about 70% there, though he was 'limping' or kind of dragging one leg around, but he had feeling in it. Fast forward to about 2 days later, he is now more or less fine. I have been keeping an extremely close eye on him and all I can notice is some possible bruising near his pelvis area. He still has his voracious little appetite too.

So, what happened? I just can't figure it out. My best bet is a pelvis break/fracture? The highest thing in their tank is a 4-5'' tall cork round. Parasites? Possible but I raised them from tadpoles and have only fed captive food so seems unlikely. I even thought maybe impaction, but he pooped this morning and it looked completely normal. I'm at a loss! I'm planning on keeping him in the hospital tub for another week or two for observation. Anyone have thoughts?