Hello everyone! I have so many questions about caring for my toadlets and I just cant seem to find reliable answers anywhere. I get different info from different sources and my head is spinning!

1. Is my vivarium appropriate for my toads? They are 2 Fowlers Toadlets who will move in about 1.5-2 months from now. The enclosure is a 20 gallon, heavily planted bioactive vivarium that maintains an approximate temperature of about 70 degrees and a humidity level between 70 and 80%. I designed it with them in mind, and as soon as I finished building it i found an article stating they prefer more arid environments! I spent a few hundred dollars on this, so id prefer not to start over. If it is not good for them, I can always create a new setup for them and use this for a different species - but which species?
  2. How do I separate very small live food (flightless fruit flies and pinhead crickets) from the calcium or vitamin supplements? I always end up struggling and the other day i accidentally got some calcium powder on my toadlets head (he didnt seem to mind, but I was very worried about him dehydrating)
  3. The toadlets are currently in a temporary enclosure while they grow and the vivarium settles (microfauna need to establish, plants need to throw roots). It is a 15 gallon aquarium, the substrate is eco-earth with some magnolia leaf litter and spaghnum moss on top.
    1. Are they ok in there? I worry that the substrate is too wet for them as I have read that Fowlers Toads prefer a more arid environment. It is not wet enough to pool undisturbed, but water will collect between your fingers if you open your hand and push down on the substrate.
    2. Is the enclosure too large for them? They are just under the 1 inch mark, just large enough to eat pinheads.
    3. Should I leave the eco earth packed down (easier to remove excess food and find the toadlets to make sure they are ok, less chance of impaction) or loose and fluffy (easier to burrow in). They do have a hide, and will also hide in the clump of spaghnum moss.
    4. Should I even be feeding them in their enclosure at all at this stage? Would I be better off placing them in a temporary feeding tank each night when it’s dinner time? Handling clearly stresses them out – they do NOT like it and I do not like to stress my animals or handle them unless absolutely necessary. the feeder insects will not stay in a feeding dish (tried that).
    5. If they can eat in their tank, how do I go about removing excess food? Flightless fruit flies and pinheads are so small that it is almost impossible for me to find and capture them all. I’m more worried about the crickets than the flies as they may bite my toads. Can I mitigate this risk by adding a block of cricket food to the enclosure?
    6. Should I continue to mist the enclosure when the humidity is already fairly high (sits around 70-80% most of the time)?
    7. How often should I be changing the substrate?

Thank you in advance to anyone who tries to help me!! I really appreciate any help i can get!