Greetings everyone! I spent the last month or so researching and purchasing the supplies to build a 20 gallon bioactive vivarium for some toads. I set everything up last night and it looks lovely... but now I suddenly realized I'd prefer to house a Leopard Frog. I do not have the frog yet of course as I am not ready for him, so if this isn't possible no harm done!

The reasons for this sudden shift are complicated and require too much context and backstory to get into here. my current situation basically boils down to this: I have a fully set up, 20 gallon, bioactive Vivarium that is less than 24 hours old (and of course has no inhabitants yet, aside from my microfauna), and i'd like to see if there is a way for me to add a sufficient water feature for a Leopard Frog. There is currently a simple corner water dish (Flukers, size medium, dimensions 6 x 5 x 1.5 inches) as this would have been perfect for a toad. I assume this will not be sufficient for a happy leopard frog, but I have never had one before so I do not know.

I was also unable to find any information as to whether they prefer to be housed in pairs. If so, I will get a larger tank (29 gallon, most likely) and carefully transfer everything over and incorporate a water feature. I'd prefer not to have to do this, though.

Is there a way for me to convert this into an appropriate enclosure for a leopard frog without breaking it down completely?

I'll add a photo of my vivarium to this post, but for some reason I was not able to get any really great ones so i apologize for the quality - i promise it's prettier in person.

Name:  thumbnail_IMG_4062.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  314.7 KBName:  thumbnail_IMG_4064.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  442.8 KB

Thanks in advance!