Thread: Thousands (millions?) of tadpoles in my pool. Any takers in Jacksonville Florida U.S.A. ?

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Thousands (millions?) of tadpoles in my pool. Any takers in Jacksonville Florida U.S.A. ?

Hi everyone, I have a 52,000 gal. pool that has been unused for the last year and today I noticed that there are thousands of tadpoles, approx 1 inch long, swimming around. I have assorted frogs in my yard like bullfrogs, leopard frogs, tree frogs, green frogs, pretty much all florida type frogs. Im pretty sure these are bull frogs because I have a huge 8" bullfrog that I call "henry" that hangs out on my pool skimmer. Is there any suggestions of who might want them? I am moving in September and I am afraid the new owners will want the pool to look like a pool and end up killing all the frogs in there. Are there people that I could contact that would benefit from this quantity of tadpoles? Any help will be much appreciated!! I live in Jacksonville Florida.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Thousands (millions?) of tadpoles in my pool. Any takers in Jacksonville Florida U.S.A. ?

Odds are you are out of luck. Unless a local camp or science teacher wants them it’s going to be very hard to rehome even a few of them. I’d also check your local laws before interfering.(you never know). If you are lucky they will grow out over the summer, metamorphose and leave on their own.

Nationality
    [United States]

Thumbs up Re: Thousands (millions?) of tadpoles in my pool. Any takers in Jacksonville Florida U.S.A. ?

Quote Originally Posted by DanDrobates View Post
    Odds are you are out of luck. Unless a local camp or science teacher wants them it’s going to be very hard to rehome even a few of them. I’d also check your local laws before interfering.(you never know). If you are lucky they will grow out over the summer, metamorphose and leave on their own.

Okay, thank you!

Thread Information