Thread: Adult Pac-Man Frog Feeding

Question Adult Pac-Man Frog Feeding

Hello, everyone. Just here for a quick question to help break the tie between Fire Skink, Leopard Gecko and Pac-Man Frog in my mind: is it necessary to feed adult Pac-Man frogs feeder fish and/or pinkie mice or is it just the easiest way? I would be quite squeamish about both, and a family member of mine couldn’t stand the mice. Anyways, could I just feed an extra amount of crickets, red wrigglers or mealworms and the like instead? Assuming that they have different dietary needs from younger frogs at all, and I’m not mistaken.
    Oh, and on a similar note: just how varied should a Pac-Man diet be? And would it be fine to include the ZM powder diet?
    I appreciate any answers! Hope to hear from you guys soon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Adult Pac-Man Frog Feeding

Pinky mice are not a staple feeder. They may be offered on occasion to add variety but are by no means necessary. Feeder fish are extremely unhealthy, offer unbalanced nutrition and may contain parasites. Some people offer red wigglers but they may also contain parasites and some frogs find them unpalatable. The best staples by far are gutloaded and appropriately supplemented crickets and or dubia roaches. Appropriate supplemental feeders include silkworms, black soldierfly larvae, hornworms, superworms and the occasional pinky.

Default Re: Adult Pac-Man Frog Feeding

Quote Originally Posted by DanDrobates View Post
    Pinky mice are not a staple feeder. They may be offered on occasion to add variety but are by no means necessary. Feeder fish are extremely unhealthy, offer unbalanced nutrition and may contain parasites. Some people offer red wigglers but they may also contain parasites and some frogs find them unpalatable. The best staples by far are gutloaded and appropriately supplemented crickets and or dubia roaches. Appropriate supplemental feeders include silkworms, black soldierfly larvae, hornworms, superworms and the occasional pinky.
    Alright, good to know. Glad that I won't have to feed fish or mice! I guess that a diet of just crickets and hornworms would be too boring, though. Should I add more into the mix, like BSFL?

Thread Information