Hi everyone,

I have spent a bit of time researching dart frogs and have wanted to keep them for years. Before diving into the hobby, I wanted to ask some questions. First, I work a lot (often 70+ hours a week) and will need to travel a few days a week for work occasionally. I am trying to get an understanding of how much daily and weekly maintenance / time is necessary to successfully house dart frogs. I understand the culturing of fruit flies and the time it might take to mist the tank (are there auto misters?), but what I am trying to wrap my arms around is how much time I should really expect per day and week.

Given my work schedule, if there are times when I am out of town for a few days, would this be a huge issue for my frogs? What are some things I can do (if there even is anything) I can do to make sure my frogs are okay if I leave for a few days at a time for work?

While I love dart frogs, the last thing I would want to do is jump in and buy some and realize that I can’t provide them with the proper care that they deserve.

i apologize if this is a fairly vague question or if this has been answered, but I have searched around quite a bit and can’t seem to find answers on this point. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated and thanks so much in advance for your time!