Hiho,
(first of all sry for my basic English!) my pacman frog Fröschin (1,25 yo) got really swollen. We visited the vet (the closest vet that knows at least a little about frogs is 1,5h away). He prescribed antibiotic (bath) and antiparasitic drops (oral). But she didn´t turn better. After leaving her for 5 days (to destress her, she buried herself) after the treatment, I buried her out and I was really shocked! She added almost 100g of weight (water). I immediately rushed to the vet (told my boss I need a day off or I cancel my job). He diagnosed water edema syndrome (I set the temperature, humidity and food as recommended in a book about pacmans and double checked it on several web-pages). He tried to suck off some water with a needle but it didn´t work. He got just some drops out. He told me that he doesn´t know any other treatment and that he could not help us anymore. I don´t want to give her up.
I read about salt-bathes. Does anyone of you used this treatment bevor? If yes: how much salt (and which kind) did you use per liter/gallon of water? How long will it take to see results? Did any non-vet tried to suck off some water with a needle at home (Maybe the vet was not experienced enough, he tried just one time)?
I hope someone can help me. I got her since she was half a big as my thumb
THANK YOU
Rhino