Hi there! I'm hoping to get some help for my WTF who may have a bacterial infection. I tried taking him to the exotic vet but nobody was comfortable treating frogs and unfortunately, the nearest herp vet is hours away.

My frog is approximately 9 years old, but I've only had him for 5 years. He lives alone in a 63-gallon hexagon tank with Exo Terra plantation soil and real plants.

I caught a cricket nibbling on his bum 3-4 weeks ago and immediately removed the cricket from the cage (and stopped letting them roam free.) I feel awful for not monitoring this more closely since I noticed last week that the spot appeared to be infected. I put him into a 24 gallon Exo Terra tank for quarantine last Sunday and began to apply Neosporin (without pain reliever.)

I'm beginning to believe that there is a larger problem since I discovered an abscess on the inside of his leg on Thursday (which has since popped and seems to be healing) and dark blotches on his stomach. Today he was shedding and it looks like one of his eyes is getting a bit cloudy.

The good news is that he is very active (for a WTF), has a huge appetite, and seems to be keeping a fairly regular sleep schedule. I was concerned that he hadn't pooped since being in quarantine, but he finally went yesterday morning. The sore doesn't seem to be healing at all...

I'm very concerned about him! Any insight would help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4048.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	80742

Name:	IMG_4049.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	80743

Name:	IMG_4026.jpg