Thread: leopard gecko and toads

Default leopard gecko and toads

Hello

I am an owner of two leopard geckos and three American toads (not in the same tank), I know this is the frog forum but I figured that any help would be beneficial and greatly appreciated. my gecko male of 8 years who has been healthy ever since I acquired him, has lately appeared to experience a slight decrease in tail size. ( his tail is not a stick it just appears barely skinner but still fat like a rattlesnake tail). I have read about stick tail disease and cryptosporidium and am kinda panicking if this is an early onset. His stool appears normal and he's still very aggressive at feeding time. I know I should be bringing him to a vet however there is no reptile vet in Northern Ontario which is very inconvenient . His tank is situated in my room which is very dry and sanitary place however I am a very busy college student with a very ridiculous schedule and haven't been able to give him as many insects or a different variety of types of insects as I have been when I am free such as the holidays or summertime which I hope that is why he may have experienced a decrease in tail size. He always gets food and repashy calcium plus with the occasional hornworm. If there is the possibility that he may be infected with crypto, is it contagious to humans or my American toads if we all live in the same room. Any advice would be beneficial to this situation as I seriously care about my pets and wish to help correct the error of my ways

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information