Hey everyone;

I just found this forum, and I am glad I did. I am a newbie frog owner (had her since a tadpole, about 6 months). Got her from Grow-A-Frog. She is still small, her body length is about 2 inches. She does not look as "fat" as some that I have seen on here, and i really try not to overfeed. I use the grow-a-frog food I bought from them.

She started in the tiny habitat when she was a tadpole, then moved up through a 1 gallon aquarium, and are now in a 5 gallon one.

The water will not stay clean for even a week! I have a Nano10 external filter, and change most (75%) of the water on a weekly basis. I change the water in the filter at the same time. I use a reverse-osmosis setup we have for the house as the water source, and add in dechlorination powder prior to the water change (and leave it for a few hours before I change the water).

Within a few days it gets green and smelly.
Wife complains.
I change water again...

The filter I have is not cutting it, or I am really doing something wrong?? We have plastic plants only in the aquarium, and no other frogs/fish/etc.

I like an external filter, but will defer to you experts....What filter should i be using?

ANY help, advice, tips on anything are much appreciated. I am smart enough to know there is a LOT I don't know, so please - any advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance
Terry