Thread: My new Pac Man has been buried for a week straight

Default My new Pac Man has been buried for a week straight

Hi!

A friend of mine has had a pac man frog for a few years now. She has posted pics and videos of him on her FB pretty often, so when she posted that she was casually looking for a home for him, I said I would take him. I brought him home last Tuesday. On Wednesday, I gave him a new tank with deep substrate. The temps are 80-83 on one side and 75-78 on the other. Humidity around 80-90 after misting and watering, and dips to about 60 before misting/watering. Clean dish of water. Crickets and some dubias running around in the tank that came from his old tank. Two live plants in the tank.

I'm a little worried. He's been buried a week straight. I did dig him up once to see if he would eat, and he promptly buried himself again. He did, however, look healthy when I dug him up. How long can they stay buried? How long can they go without food? He'd been buried so long without moving the substrate on top has settled over and you can't even tell where he is buried now. I want to dig him up again but I recognize that he may just need time and that might be more bad than good.

I've got several snakes, but I am new to amphibians. I did research before I took him home, but I'm still a new frog parent and am not sure what is normal for him.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information