I got a bullfrog from a local fish store 2 days ago. He/she is about 2.5 ~ 3 in. wide. They didn't say whether he was African or American so I do not know. I found some disturbing things online and have a few questions for you guys. I've ordered my questions in order of precedence. I'm very worried and any help is appreciated.

(1) - I read somewhere that bullfrogs have salmonella. My frog seems to prefer staying in the water rather than come out on the surface. Should I be worried about the salmonella being introduced to the water/tank? Is it harmful to any of the species I have in the tank (refer to list below)?

(2) - Just saw a video of a bullfrog eating a scorpion of compatible size. And another video of one eating a mice). Is my aquarium community (refer to below) in potential danger? I hear they are voracious eaters. Should I be worried about my fingers when I go to handle him/her?

(3) - The frog won't eat. At least not while I've been watching it or trying to get it to eat. I placed live mealworms as well as a live cricket on a surface within the aquarium. A couple of times the cricket came right up to the frog and started climbing on the frog. No budge.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aquarium community:
- Fish (don't know what kind)
- Lobsters (Procambarus Clarkii, Cherax sp., Cherax quadricanthus)
- Crabs (Red fiddler, gold fiddler)
- Snails (Mystery, Nerrite, Rabbit)
- Fire Eel

------------------------------------------------------------------------