The other day I purchased a young bullfrog from an expo, about the size of a quarter. Later that night when I went to see if it would eat yet, it displayed some weird behavior. When I set a waxworm on the (paper towel) ground in front of it, the frog would just start repeatedly snapping at the air in the worm's general direction but not even come close to grabbing it. As if it didn't realize that it had to aim its head DOWNwards. When the worm would move off, the frog would follow after it a bit, continuing to lunge completely ineffectively. As if there's something wrong with its depth perception.

Tonight it's still displaying the same behavior. It sees the movement, starts lunging over and over again but gets nowhere close to grabbing the prey. It's also been hopping at the sides of the cage, and seems to keep unbalancing itself and falling over upside down.

Could it be some kind of neurological or visual issue?

My problem is that it doesn't seem to be used to eating off of tweezers either, so I'm having a difficult time feeding it. It WANTS to eat, but it can't get the food on its own and it's still too scared I think of me reaching in there with the tweezers. So I'm not sure what to do since I've never had a problem feeding my other frogs and toads like this. At the tiny size it is, is it safe to not feed it for a couple days to see if it can settle in a little more?