Hello! so for the past month or so I have been hard deliberating on whether or not I wanted to establish a salt water aquarium or a paludarium, and I have come to the conclusion that I feel frogs are more for me than fish so the choice has been made.

I have the choice between two tanks, both are 37 gallons. Here are their demensions; 30L X 12 W X 24 H or 20 L X 18 W X 24 H. Here is what I over all want to accomplish: A paludarium that has a decent sized body of water at one side of the aquarium and a land mass on the other with plenty of vertical foliage and branches. I would also really like to include a waterfall feature or fog feature in the paludarium for aesthetic appeal and to help maintain humidity, I saw a paludarium that included both these features in a 75 gallon tank however I understand I am working with half the real estate and am likely already pushing it by trying to create both a water section and land section. So I would greatly appreciate any advice on how to make one of these options feasible. As for species I am in the midst of researching between poison dart frogs, red eyed green tree frogs, and fire belly toads and am still up in the air on this, so any insight you could offer would be helpful and I plan on selecting plants based on what species of frog I pick.

my purpose in posting this is to ask - is it realistic to be able to fit a land and water mass in a 37 gallon palidarum (as I have not seen it done in anything under 40 gallons, I am not saying it has not been done just that I have not seen it.) I want to make sure 2-3 frogs can live comfortably in this habitat.

I may be a novice creator - but I feel I am up to the challenge to do my due dilligence and part of that I feel is asking people who have experience with this sort of hobby work, I am receptive and open to all advice and suggestions.

Note: this project is in a preliminary planning phase I just want to make sure I am on the right track before I purchase an aquarium to begin construction - and I am well aware that this project may take a lot of time to complete before it is ready for frogs - I am willing to commit to the labor! (also if there are any formatting issues with the post please let me know I will correct them)

Kind regards,
Spencer