Thread: Question about Gray Tree frog diet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nationality
    [United States]

Post Question about Gray Tree frog diet

Found a grey tree frog in a house plant and I got him all set up in a tank. He seems to have settled a bit and is moving around now. We are just keeping him until spring and I was wondering if it would be okay if he just ate mealworms. I have read their main diet should be crickets but my mom doesn't want to deal with the chirping. He seems pretty fat and healthy, will this be okay? I will try and convince her if it would be really bad for the little guy. This is my first time caring for a frog.

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Question about Gray Tree frog diet

From experience... Adult crickets chirp alot but keep me somewhere like under a counter . I feed most of my frogs medium crickets and they do not chip nearly as much as adults I bairly even know they are right under the side table in my living room. Make sure they have a place to hide and a potato to eat and get water from. Also if you get a container to keep them in put 2inch clear packing tape along the top so they dont escape when you open it. Its winter and frogs arent as hungry. I personaly haven't givin any frog its 1st meal worm I figure the worms will just burrow and hide making it less likely the frog will eat. Day lights with UVB are always good. Misting the cage 1 or 2 times a day and just keeping the container at comfortable temp for you should be good for the frog

Proud parent of...2 Retf, 1 whites tf, 2 agtf, 1 Btf, 2 Milk tf froglets, 1 packman

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Earwood18 View Post
    From experience... Adult crickets chirp alot but keep me somewhere like under a counter . I feed most of my frogs medium crickets and they do not chip nearly as much as adults I bairly even know they are right under the side table in my living room. Make sure they have a place to hide and a potato to eat and get water from. Also if you get a container to keep them in put 2inch clear packing tape along the top so they dont escape when you open it. Its winter and frogs arent as hungry. I personaly haven't givin any frog its 1st meal worm I figure the worms will just burrow and hide making it less likely the frog will eat. Day lights with UVB are always good. Misting the cage 1 or 2 times a day and just keeping the container at comfortable temp for you should be good for the frog

Proud parent of...2 Retf, 1 whites tf, 2 agtf, 1 Btf, 2 Milk tf froglets, 1 packman
    Thanks so much! My mom is okay with crickets then if we get younger ones and we will work on making his tank better c:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Josh's Frogs has the Banded Crickets which are smaller, cleaner, last longer with less odor. Use the gut load in the picture and your all set. Feed to crickets and all feeders.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Thread Information