I recently got my first dart and terrarium, and before getting him I always wanted to build my own pauldarium, so here I am.

I’m building my first pauldarium and it’s going to be in a 20 gal long. It’s going to be planted, have a decent amount of water, and probably have African dwarf frogs in the water part, on the land part I’m not sure if I’m going to have anything up there, maybe a young dart frog but since the land and water will be about equal amount it would only be like a few inchesl of land mass. ( I want to make sure they have enough room so this is more of a test build if that makes sense.)

but i I have questions.
Can I use expanding foam to separate the water from land mass ?
I was going to use a false bottom, but I didn’t want dirty water seeping up into the dirt/substrate or vice versa.
I also don’t want to drown any plants that I planted into the substrate, but if the roots go into the false bottom and into the water underneath wont that drown them? Or does the substrate screen keep that from happening?

sorry for so many questions >^<

i have ave one more question, that might be obvious but I want to make sure!
i have a green sip dart frog in his own terrarium, his species is apparently Dendrobates tinctorius 'Green Sipaliwini'

coppied and pasted obviously lol

can I house him with other Dendrobates tinctorius

😂
or just other green sips? I’m not looking to breed anything I just like color variety, but I can get that with other plants and stuff if I shouldn’t mix them.

everything I read about mixing them was like don’t mix tincs with thumbnails etc. so I didn’t get a positive idea of what was acceptable.

sorry for all the questions again.