Quote Originally Posted by cwebster View Post
AAron, i have been force feeding Mr Toad now for over two month. He is alert and active but shows no desire to self feed. I open his mouth with a well filed fingernail or a soft plastic tiny spatula and stuff in a feeder, 3x per day, which he always swallows. He poops fine but never tries to catch his owbpn food. If i dont feed him he just gets skinny. Is getting a tiny drop of calcium gluconate each day rx from vet and his crickets are dusted ( every other day CA plus D. 3 or multivitamins). The crickets are Mazuri gut loaded. After i force feed him, i let him soak for an hour in a shallow dish of bottled mineral water under a UVB lamp. Then he gets to sort of burrow in moist cocoearth for most of the day. Occasionally he sheds his skin but doesnt eat it so i gently remove ut and he looks gorgeous then. I try to do gentle physical therapy a few times each day with him, passively moving his back and front legs which he always resists...he has gotten better from this i think. He still walks a little funny. His limbs are very strong. I just worry that he will never self feed and that i will harm his mouth skin ir jaw. When the MBD was bad his jaw was slack but now it is very hard to get his mouth open. I give him crickets (2 wk) with the back legs removed .( i hate doing that) but he never tries to catch them.
That's good you are keeping a toad in very good conditions and that's very impressive. It may take the toad months to get better. I had a toad sick and she's doing better then your guy right now but it's months I will have to treat her for her to be healthy again. Sometimes it takes months and long periods of time for progress. I'm sorry I don't have any other tips to offer.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk