Thread: Gray treefrog video

Azurel

Default Gray treefrog video

Here is my Gray being put back after being container fed 3 good size crickets....
    http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...t=M2U00036.mp4

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Gray treefrog video

That's just a picture I'm afraid. Do you have a link for the video?
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

Azurel

Ok I think I fixed it.....

charlamanda

I really enjoyed watching your video and have showed them to anyone who'll watch(LOL). I can't get over how fast they are. Keep posting them, very entertaining. Charl

Azurel

Quote Originally Posted by charlamanda View Post
    I really enjoyed watching your video and have showed them to anyone who'll watch(LOL). I can't get over how fast they are. Keep posting them, very entertaining. Charl

Thanks I was kinda surprised by how fast he/she is too.....They eat like pigs....

charlamanda

Do you know how old he/she is? How long have you had he/she? I rescued one that I thought was dead from a bucket of water. The froglet, only 1/2 inch, wasn't eating, looked real thin and turned almost black. After a day in captivity I put baby in a bush w/ other froglets under my bug zapper that attracts bugs that sit in the bush. The next day baby was almost in the same spot and wasn't looking well at all. I moved baby to the window above our front door where the light attracts lots of bugs and where there are a herd of froglets. I watched baby finally perk up and catch a few bugs, afterwhich began to turn light green. I am so relieved. I decided that I would find another froglet to keep as a pet. Yesterday during the day I looked around the front door for the fatest and largest froglets I cought find. I found 2 that fit the bill and have almost got my 33gal tank ready, they are in a smaller tank, but seem to be doing very well. I am off to p/u bottom material and live food. Good luck to you and I'll post some picks of my new babies. Charlotte

Azurel

Honestly I am not sure how old I assume a least full grown, I have 2 Grays in this tank now. I have been waiting for a return e-mail from a Herp vet about fecal but no response yet. The first one I think is a female and the second a male. After being placed in the tank a few days later we would here a frog call about 10:30am-11am.....Which only the males call so there has to be one in there. Both are about 1 1/4"-1 1/2" long from what I have read the large ones get about 2". Both eat with extreme velocity. Very cute animals and have started to show themselves a little bit more during the day not much but you can see them. Before you could only see them at night after the light was turned off and sun went down....I have had the first one about 3 weeks and the second 2 both were found in the exact same spot on week later.

charlamanda

After I p/u a dozen crickets and a container of waxworms I put my 2 in a see through container with 4 crickets and 2 waxworms as the pet store owner suggested. They are both <1" and the worms were longer than the froglets, I was skeptical they could eat as much as he said, but I hadn't fed them the night before after I captured them. The one, who is slightly smaller stayed at the bottom and picked off 3 crickets within 20 min, the first 2 within the first 2min. The other froglet went directly to the top of the container and perched looking down. I could see it was watching the active worm and sure enough walked down the side and grabbed the worm. It grabbed it and spit it out several times before it finally got it positioned right and pushed it in with it's front legs. A small bit of the worm stuck out of it's mouth for almost 10 min as it stretched it's body up and then arched its back. After eating the worm it sat around the rest of the time uninterested in the other cricket and worm, I assumed it must have been full. The other worm never moved so I put in another for the frog who only ate the 3 small crickets. While the other ate the worm the larger one sat within 1 inch or so and watch it eat the worm so I thought he may want one, but was not interested in the one who never did move, but after almost an hour neither ate the other live worm or cricket so I put them back in thier terr. and the worm and cricked back in thiers. Tonight well go again and I am really looking forward to it.

froggiez

how cool, just got my tree frog found him in my plant on my porch, my first week with it, hoping he gets use to me soon and comes out more. I also noticed Dora playing in the background, my lil one loves her too....LOL

Thread Information