Thread: RETF: Has Anyone Ever Seen This?

Nationality
    [United States]

Default RETF: Has Anyone Ever Seen This?

So I have barely had my RETFs for 2 weeks and I just noticed that my female was releasing a clear jelly like sac. It had some blood but not much. So I quarantined her and contacted the only exotic vet in my area today that I know of. My first thought was that she is releasing unferitilized eggs from the stress of being shipped and a new home. But the more I thought the more worried I got. Currently in email contact with the vet awaiting answers but figured I’d get on here and see if anyone has had this happen. The breeders said that it was an egg sac as well. I have seen some weight gain in the past 2 days which is good which kinda makes me think they could be right? A protozoan or other parasitic infestation would cause lethargy and weight loss for the most part. She is active at night from what I can tell. Current living conditions include 2 males and an unknown sex frog, all red eyes. 80-85 degrees temps during the day. 50-60% humidity when I return from work and then it’s around 70% when lights go off. UVB is provided over their leafy plant they tend to sleep on the most. Species specific animal safe plants in a naturalistic vivarium and it is misted 2-3 times per day to maintain proper humidity. I also do not use city water, I get 5 gallon jugs of water from the store every other week. They have only been fed crickets so far with a calcium dusting every other feeding. Any other info I can provide as well as a picture of the setup if need be.
    thanks in advanceName:  800A90CF-A300-4109-96CB-A3F4E0D87495.jpeg
Views: 237
Size:  1.87 MB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]

Default Re: RETF: Has Anyone Ever Seen This?

Looks like a prolapse. I dissolved regular sugar in warm water and used an eyedrop to put the mixture on the prolapse. I did it before I went to work and when I came home from work it was gone. And it hasn't happened again since (Sept.26).

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: RETF: Has Anyone Ever Seen This?

Well this goes back in, i thought prolapses just stay out. She does it every night and just releases a clear gel and goes about her business the rest of the night. The exotic vet said it was some sort of prolapse too but said I could place her back in the tank until Monday since there are no openings this week.

Thread Information