Thread: Centipede

Default Centipede

Hi all.
    I don’t know if this is the correct section of the forum to post this so apologies if I am in the wrong place.
    So I have had my White’s tree frogs for just over 6 weeks now. They are doing great and I absolutely love them to bits.
    I have them in a bioactive set up. Their large water bowl is changed and washed
    with plain hot water daily to keep it nice and clean. When I took it out a couple of days ago as I lifted it out I saw a tiny baby centipede. It ran really fast and I don’t know where it went. I have been keeping an eye out for it but realistically I am not going to have a hope in hell of finding it in amongst the moss and leaf litter even if it is above ground. I don’t even know if they do burrow?
    I haven’t a clue how he got in there. When I set up the tank I washed every bit of dirt off the plant roots and the plants themselves were washed in a bleach solution and rinsed well afterwards.
    Is this little guy going to cause me any problems or more to the point will it cause the frogs any problems. It was only about half of a centimetre long so I’m kind of hoping it has just some how wandered in and won’t be able to breed on its own as it is only a baby itself.
    any thoughts would be appreciated. It has really been worrying me since I saw it.
    thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [Sweden]

Default Re: Centipede

Was it kind of brown, flat and shiny? Then it might be the same kind we have wild here in Sweden. As far as I can tell, they are harmless but will help clean up dead uneaten bugs.

Default Re: Centipede

Hello It was a bit on the small side to see if it was flat or shiney but yes it was brown.
    I will just keep my eye out and see if I can catch him.
    Thanks.

Thread Information