Thread: Leopard Frog Water Source

Question Leopard Frog Water Source

Hey!

So I'm upgrading my single Leopard Frog to a 36" 18" 12" (LWH) Exo Terra this coming Christmas.

I don't mind putting a divider in however water changes and cleaning is super hard with a divider. I've got him on a low storage shelf so getting in there to clean isn't super easy. Which is why I'm getting the front doors as opposed to the top opening on his 20 long right now.

So I'm looking into this product as his water side and was curious what the thoughts were on this? I would get the large and in the video you can see it's pretty large. The depth goes to 3" which is what he has right now if I took away the rocks. Measurements are 14 x 11.25 x 3".

However the measurements are from what I presumed are the largest part since it does taper a bit on the end. I figured I use this and some duckweed in it.

http://www.lllreptile.com/products/1...oon-water-dish

Would this work?

2. This member thanks Alyssa Martin for this post:

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Leopard Frog Water Source

It should work just fine for leopard frogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Herpin Man View Post
    It should work just fine for leopard frogs.
    Thanks so much for the reply!

I will proceed then with the purchase

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

This looks like a nice idea but for a species of pond frog this doesn't seem like a lot of room to swim. I would go with a plastic bin something from Walmart. Not because it cheap but because I could probably get one for the dimensions I would need. If you got it I'd love to see pictures and how the frog responds to it. You are going to make the frog very happy with a bigger home.

I think you'll be very happy to hear this but I'll be making a Northern Leopard Frog Care Sheet in the spring.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Wardog View Post
    This looks like a nice idea but for a species of pond frog this doesn't seem like a lot of room to swim. I would go with a plastic bin something from Walmart. Not because it cheap but because I could probably get one for the dimensions I would need. If you got it I'd love to see pictures and how the frog responds to it. You are going to make the frog very happy with a bigger home.

I think you'll be very happy to hear this but I'll be making a Northern Leopard Frog Care Sheet in the spring.

Thank you for your response!

I'm very interested to see whether the pond would work or not however I will take your advice and purchase the bin instead.

I'm not very concerned on looks just want something that will be convient for myself and something he would use and love.

I do suspect he will be a very happy frog. The fact that he's got all the room to himself I'm sure he will enjoy

I could also purchase both I suppose (I could always use the pond for other things). However the bin I suspect I could actually grow plants in the bin where the pond that isn't an option.

I will definitely post pictures once everything is setup. I'll have to do a bit of research on what the proper type of bin to use would be (because of chemicals and such).

To say the least I'm escastic to hear you're making a caresheet. It's hard to get the proper care for my guy when every care sheet I read says a 10 gallon tank, gravel substrate with a pond is all you need.

After reading your Whites Tree Frog sheet I've finally seem to have all the stuff Gordon (My W.T.F) needs and he's thriving.

Can't wait to see the full Northern Leopard Frog sheet!

8. This member thanks Alyssa Martin for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa Martin View Post
    Thank you for your response!

I'm very interested to see whether the pond would work or not however I will take your advice and purchase the bin instead.

I'm not very concerned on looks just want something that will be convient for myself and something he would use and love.

I do suspect he will be a very happy frog. The fact that he's got all the room to himself I'm sure he will enjoy

I could also purchase both I suppose (I could always use the pond for other things). However the bin I suspect I could actually grow plants in the bin where the pond that isn't an option.

I will definitely post pictures once everything is setup. I'll have to do a bit of research on what the proper type of bin to use would be (because of chemicals and such).

To say the least I'm escastic to hear you're making a caresheet. It's hard to get the proper care for my guy when every care sheet I read says a 10 gallon tank, gravel substrate with a pond is all you need.

After reading your Whites Tree Frog sheet I've finally seem to have all the stuff Gordon (My W.T.F) needs and he's thriving.

Can't wait to see the full Northern Leopard Frog sheet!
    The three species I understand the Most
    American Toads
    Northern Leopard Frogs
    Whites Tree Frogs
    In that order.

Yes I think the frogs being bigger will need a decent sized bin. Something that's wide like a bin that you put in your enclosure. Say your terrarium in 18 inches then an 18 inch wide bin would be good and something around 4-6 inches deep and Java Moss.

Thank you for the kind words and I'm glad to hear your White's Tree Frogs are doing good. I hope you will enjoy the Northern Leopard Frog Care Sheet! It will be similar to my American Toad Care Sheet. Long.

If you get the pond it could be cool to have it in the substrate on the land. It could replicate a puddle.

Thread Information