Thread: Worried about my new little Pac-Man

Unhappy Worried about my new little Pac-Man

Hi everyone,
    I just got my little Pac-Man, Sprout, yesterday. He’s in a 45x45x45 Exo Terra, has so far eaten 2 crickets that I’ve seen, and seems to be settling in well. I just had some questions and worries that I hope I can get some advice about.
    Firstly, I dropped Sprout today. I was devastated and so angry with myself, I still am! I thought it might be a good idea to move him into a little tub whilst I feed him to make it easier for him to catch the crickets, since he’s so tiny and his enclosure is quite big. He didn’t like it though so I put him back, but as I was he jumped out of my hands and fell onto the carpet, about a 4 foot drop. I picked him straight back up and he seemed okay, and chased after a few crickets in his enclosure and ate them which I was so happy about. But do you think he could be injured or I could’ve shocked/terrified him? Do you think he’ll be okay?
    Another question; I wasn’t anticipating how small he’d be and prior to getting him I’d been gut loading some 1 inch crickets in preparation. He is only around an inch and a half - are these crickets too big for him? He’s eaten 2 so far, but if they’re too big I’ll go and get him some smaller ones.
    Thank you so much, sorry for the long post!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Worried about my new little Pac-Man

Frog is most likely fine, they are built to withstand quite a bit. Since he immediately went for food after, he probably wasn’t in pain from the fall. But be careful, learn to use a very firm but non crushing grip.

general food size rule is no bigger than the distance between their eyes. He would be able to get the food down with the size of their mouths, but it would pose an impaction risk.

4. This member thanks Thevacantface for this post:

Default Re: Worried about my new little Pac-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Thevacantface View Post
    Frog is most likely fine, they are built to withstand quite a bit. Since he immediately went for food after, he probably wasn’t in pain from the fall. But be careful, learn to use a very firm but non crushing grip.

general food size rule is no bigger than the distance between their eyes. He would be able to get the food down with the size of their mouths, but it would pose an impaction risk.
    Thank you so much. The crickets are maybe a tiny bit bigger than the space between his eyes, so tomorrow I'm going to get him some smaller ones. Maybe some waxworms too as they look quite small. Thank you for the response!

Thread Information