Thread: juvenile pacman hasnt eaten in week or so

Default juvenile pacman hasnt eaten in week or so

When I bought him 3 weeks or so ago he ate every day for two weeks even his first day in his tank. Now he has gone a week without eating and I can see his back/hip bones

I heard these frogs hibernate during winter, he constantly burrows so now I nidge him out and try feeding every other day but he just isnt eating. He is about 2.5 inches long

Hes in a 5 gallon. I wanted to update to a 10 gal I tried buying on Amazon but the seller is pathetic and hasnt even begun shipping which I bought a whole month ago.

Temps are 80 at day, 72 at night. Humidity at a constant 70-80%.

Daughter would be sad if he passes. Although I would buy another and say hes hiding until it arrived to not break her heart. Of course this is the last resort and I do not want to have to do that.

This picture is from this morning.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: juvenile pacman hasnt eaten in week or so

If you really want him to eat hold him on his back and rub the side of his mouth and it should open then just slip a cricket in and set him back down.

Nationality
    [Canada]

What were you feeding him? And try getting a nightcrawler if its available to you and get it to rub on the side of its mouth near his arm as its a reaction for them to scoop it to their mouth.

Hi, thank you both for the replies.

I went to the local Wally world and they did not have worms unfortunately.

I've been feeding him crickets basically. Like I said he ate pretty much every day since I got him so I found it odd that he just quit. Maybe I over fed him? I've read differing opinions on this forum on how often you should feed these guys.

I believe it's coming up on 3 week since he last ate I have been trying to feed him a super worm every couple days since they're slow and I figured it would be easiest for him.

I try rubbing a super worm on his lips and no dice.

I took Xaviers advice and force fed him today. Tried the flip him on his back thing days ago but it didn't seem to work as well as I would have hoped and seemed to freak him out. Who knows though these silly things show no emotion

I ended up using the two people and a gentle credit card to the mouth trick. It was pretty easy and he it got him to eat for sure. Hoping for the best for him, will try to feed him in a few days and force him of he doesnt eat again I guess.

Thread Information