Thread: first pacman, Jumpy Jumper has arrived! got a question

Talking first pacman, Jumpy Jumper has arrived! got a question

Hello all. You may have read my thread about the frog I caught wild near my house. Caught it for my daughter she was so excited. Found the frog was a bullfrog so luckily she let me release "jumpy jumper" back to his pond. I told her I would buy her a pacman and showed her pics and she really liked them

So now I own a pacman his name is, you guessed it, jumpy jumper. Daughter got to name him

So what I want to know is how soon should I introduce food? Tonight? Tomorrow? Day 3? How many crickets do a 3 inch juvenile eat? They like to eat at night best correct?

Thanks for your help frog keepers!

Pics below, daughter chose his furniture and plate

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: first pacman, Jumpy Jumper has arrived! got a question

Default Re: first pacman, Jumpy Jumper has arrived! got a question

Well its night and I Jerry rigged a night light for him, using a 7.5 watt incandescent bulb made for house nightlights in a cheap clip lamp with tin foil wrapping the bottom where the light goes through. Put a 2 or 3 inch hole in the foil and taped some wax paper i colored red with crayons to cover the hole. This little light produces such little heat I can grab it by the metal lamp and hold it easy. Still will keep an eye on it for a bit longer to see if it gets hotter.

So I answered one of my own questions. These little things are ready to eat as soon as they get in their darn cage after flying 500 miles lol. I put crickets in and he gobbled one up instantly. Then I dropped a meal worm near him and it was gone in a second. Cant believe how easy these guys eat.

Still would be interested to hear how many crickets or similar sized bugs a day a 3 inch or so juvenile should eat. Opinions are very welcome!

Thread Information