Thread: Plant Grow lighting

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Plant Grow lighting

So I just recently set up my 55 gallon paludarium for my 4 new baby whites, pic is included. I have a 48" plant grow bulb that i bought at a local hydrophonics store and a a mercury vapor bulb which is elevated for a little bit of heat and UVB. The setup right now keeps the temperature around 80-82 degrees with humidity around 50% which is great. I'm currently looking for a better grow light that will do well with tropical plants and moss. My current bulb is a florescent growing bulb just sits on the screen and doesn't look great and shoots alot of light on the back wall instead of focusing inside the aquarium. I am looking for something that can sit on a bracket above the screen and shine down onto the plants. I have researched Current USA's line but I have heard they aren't great for terrarium plants. I am looking for something that looks similar but will get the job done for the plants. An added plus would be night lighting that wouldn't affect the frogs so i can view them when the lights go out as they are still very young and shy. Also was wondering if anyone has had any experience growing plants with just the Nature Sun 2.0 with UVB. This would alleviate the need for the mercury vapor bulb and provide plant growth which i would like to do if possible. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated and I'm sorry if this is a repeat topic. I couldn't find anything as specific as this.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Plant Grow lighting

I’ve had success with fluval fresh and plant led lights in the 6500k range. They stimulate plant growth and they have a night feature which is either red or blue depending on the model. The caveat is that they don’t provide heat or uv. However since you have whites treefrogs the need for uv is debatable since they are nocturnal.

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Plant Grow lighting

Yea, I can't find a definite answer on the UVB so I just add it in just to be safe. But thank you for the advice I'll go check out the pet stores around my house tonight to see if they sell them.

Thread Information