Hello everyone, I am the very proud new owner of two gorgeous young Whites tree frogs. I just got them on Saturday and this is my first time keeping frogs.
I have done months and months (probably closer to a year) research on them but one thing that I keep reading conflicting things on is how much to feed, how often to feed and how often you should dust the crickets with calcium and vitamins (I have one tub of each not mixed)
One of my frogs is about 2 inches from nose to bottom and the other one is just a tiny bit smaller.
Could someone give me some guidance on these please.
Also is it a better idea to move them to something like a critter keeper or something similar for feeding time and just dump the crickets in or is it better to tong feed?
So far I have been tong feeding in the tank but while I have them in their quarantine tank I am keeping them on plain white paper towels and last night one of the crickets dropped a leg and got away. My bigger frog grabbed him straight away but he got a mouthful of paper towel in his eagerness. I managed to get the paper towel out of his mouth but he didn't want to give it up without a fight, I think he was worried I was trying to steal his cricket.
Any tips for the feeding would be really appreciated, its the only thing I am not 100% sure of still.
Thank you.