Hello again, I'm afraid I have another question (total newbie with frogs) and I really need some advice/opinions here.
So I have my enclosure all set up now, I have gone for a bioactive set up. I was going to get my frogs in about 3 weeks time now, the tank has been running for about 2 weeks already so by the time I get them it would be about 5 weeks. I was going to get them and just put them straight in my set up tank but after doing more reading online have discovered that this is not advised as if they are ill with something nasty that the whole lot has to be stripped down and sterilised.
I need a quarantine tank but don't really want to shell out for an expensive tank as after it has served its purpose it will be totally useless to me basically and also I don't want anything to big as I simply don't have the room.
Please don't jump on me here as I know that it is small but is there any possibility that I would get away with using an Exo terra nano. The nano tank is 20x20x30cm.
The frogs I am getting are babies about One and a half inches long. The store where I will be purchasing my frogs from keep about 4 babies in an exo terra of this size in there and although I totally realise that this is a very temporary home until they go to new homes I was wondering if I would get away with it for just 4 weeks quarantine period then they would be moved over to their 45x45x60 home.
I will be getting 2 frogs by the way.
As I say PLEASE don't jump on me for asking this, I almost never posted this but I don't want to do anything that will harm the little guys so if this really won't be suitable for just a four week period does anybody know a cheap alternative?
Thanks