Thread: Whites Frog cage help?

Nationality
    [United States]

Question Whites Frog cage help?

I got a 18in by 18in by 24in tank. Is that tank a good sized tank for white's tree frogs and how many frogs could i get i know they have to be in groups.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Whites Frog cage help?

Quote Originally Posted by Lanky View Post
    I got a 18in by 18in by 24in tank. Is that tank a good sized tank for white's tree frogs and how many frogs could i get i know they have to be in groups.
    They don't have to but they like the company. Just get a pair of them if anything it's good for two.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

That was handy, I just came on here to ask the very same question.

Nationality
    [United States]

so update i got 4 itty bitty guys. ill upgrade when they are bigger but the cage has small slits for tubing for misters but the problem is the slit leaves a open for a couple of the frogs to go thru. what ive done is filled it with paper towels and duct taped the paper towels in place for now but is there anything better i can do.

That's what I did with my Exo Terra. My Whites Tree Frog is about 2 1/2 inches so not nearly as small as your guys.

I just took some toilet paper/towel and stuffed it back there for now. He hasn't tried to get back there since, nor the crickets I feed him. I don't know if the duct tape would work or is safe, but the toilet paper/towel has worked great for me. Just make sure to pack it in tight so they can't squeeze through, and make sure to check none have gotten back there if you can't find one.

Thanks,
    Alyssa

Nationality
    [United States]

yea i check about 3 times a day and the duct tape only touches the Paper towel i made sure so it couldn't touch the frogs in anyway. btw how do you feed the smaller frogs i got one froglet about the size of my thumbnail and im worry about him/her eating? yesterday i tossed a bunch of crickets into the cage and all four of my little guys were hunting and hitting the crickets

Glad to hear it's working out!

I've never raised small Whites Tree Frogs as I got my guy when he was 2". However I would assume that putting crickets in the tank would work out fine, just make sure no one is losing weight. If you're worried you can always tong feed or use a feeding container.

Good luck!

-Alyssa

Nationality
    [United States]

How often do you feed i planned on everynight till they get bigger

From my research feeding every night is ideal.

Since my guy is an "adult" I feed every 2 days. However for little frogs feeding everyday is ideal until they are adults, which you can switch to every 2 days.

Again just watch for weight loss or weight gain.

-Alyssa

An 18X18X24 is only good for 1
    It’s 20g for 1, 30 for 2, 40 for 3, and 50 for 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nationality
    [United States]

at raines i didnt know i got a lot of info saying they should be fine till bigger like here is one from josh's frogs ( such require a larger enclosure – an 18x18x24 Exo Terra Glass Terrarium is a good size for 2-4 juveniles or ADULTS) i will upgrade them

Nationality
    [United States]

I've ran into a new problem i read that if WTF's are on the ground something is wrong and all 4 of my lil guys were on the ground this morning. I don't know exactly what i did wrong so i instantly sprayed their cage with water and they started to move and go up into plants on the walls and i dumped some crickets into the cage and they started to hunt except my smallest one. any tips? and if more information is needed just ask

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RainesRockinReptiles View Post
    An 18X18X24 is only good for 1
    It’s 20g for 1, 30 for 2, 40 for 3, and 50 for 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can make the standard Exo Terra work for two of them. Even a 40-gallon is too small for 3 I know this because I had a 55 gallon and it was too small for 3. I actually have an unfinished care sheet on the whites tree frog and I go into detail explaining this more. It's not an ideal setup for the Frog to be completely happy but they can manage living out their life and that size Exo Terra. I have the 24 by 18 by 36 and it's ideal for 3. I think that a terrarium is a much better choice for tree frogs because it's easier to care for them and because they stick to the top it is easier 2 grab them if you need them taken out for some reason.

Nationality
    [United States]

what tank size and style do you recommend? i plan on keeping my 4 in the exo terra for about 2-3 months is that ok?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Yes that's okay it's not permanent. I think a terrarium is the best so the 36x18x36 would be the nicest for 4. You could also do the one I have the 24x18x36. Those would be my top choices.

Nationality
    [United States]

is the 24x18x36 a uncommon size i can't seem to find it for exo terra i have a expo in oct to go to so ill prob get a the new tank if i can afford it

I believe the 18" 18" 24" is 33 gallons, according to the company and sites for calculation.

Not that this has much to do with the OP since they have 4, just wanted to chime in.

If you meant otherwise I'm curious why only one could be in there? I have the same Exo Terra but I have only one (no plans to get another) and am curious.

-Alyssa

@rainsrockinreptiles

is the 24x18x36 a uncommon size i can't seem to find it for exo terra i have a expo in oct to go to so ill prob get a the new tank if i can afford it
    I would suggest checking your local Expo. If Exo Terra is there (assuming you want to stay with that brand) they likely will have that model at the expo, LLLReptiles may also have it should they be at your expo.

I find that the only place with good deals for Exo Terra outside of an expo is Ebay. Or you could try Craigslist, but that model isn't super common so you may not find it.

-Alyssa

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

It's on Petco.com and Amazon. It's the second largest terrarium they make. It's under $300 so it's more uncommon because it's so big. Yes a reptile expo would probably have it too! It would be good for 4 frogs. The 36x18x36 would be good too.

Nationality
    [United States]

ill look into it maybe make a saving account for the lil soon to be big guys :P i gotta upgrade my AFBF first my females need 20-30 gal's

22. This member thanks Lanky for this post:

Thread Information