Thread: WTF not using her left hand

Member needs to set country!

Unhappy WTF not using her left hand

After finding out Moochy had parasites living in her skin, my vet wanted to try giving her injections for tapeworms every two weeks in case it might help get rid of them. Last Saturday was her final injection and, while all the former ones were in her leg, the last one was in her arm (I can tell where they inject because there is a patch of skin which is brighter than the rest).

After getting home after her injection, I noticed she wasn't using her hand in the arm they injected into. Her fingers crumpled together instead of splaying out, even if she was trying to climb. I thought it may have just been sore after the injection. Looking in today, she still isn't using it. Nudging at where her wrist is seems to produce a pain response; she seems to wince as she pulls it away from my finger.

I'm so heartbroken about this. I'm assuming her hand is either paralyzed or broken, and I don't know what to do. Even if I do call the vet and get her checked out, I'm not sure what can be done for her and I really don't want to pay out of pocket for something they were responsible for. Thankfully she can still climb okayish, but I had hoped once I got the vivarium set up for my other tree frog, I could put her in the old vertical 18x12x12. Now I'll have to reconsider or make sure everything can be climbed and accessed easily.

All of my experiences with this place had been so good until this point. But I'm afraid they might not believe me or expect me to pay to get her looked at because they know I don't have another choice.

On the positive end, she is still eating heartily and at least wanders her tank a little bit since I've seen her in different spots since Saturday during the night hours.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: WTF not using her left hand

I'd give it a few days to heal before going to the vet. I once found a frog with a missing forearm and a month later I found the same one with stubby fingers starting to grow, so don't doubt their healing capabilities.

Thread Information