I now have my vivarium all set up but I am a bit confused about what it is doing on the humidity side of things.
When I turn the lights out at night ( I am doing a 12 hours on 12 hours off cycle) the humidity will read around 50 but when I get up in the morning it is reading about 70.
I am a total newbie here, does that always happen? Once the lights go back on the humidity starts going down.
The thing that is worrying me is that if I am getting a reading of say about 50 and I mist it enough to bring it up to about 60, is it going to go up to much overnight and start getting boggy.
I have my drainage layer on the bottom then a mesh layer then my substrate and I have some spagnum moss and leaf litter. I have an umberella plant, a parlour palm, a pothos plant and a spider plant at the moment.
Also which is the best hygrometer to use and where is the best place to put them? At the moment I have an Exo terra dial type and I had it at the top in the front corner.
It just seems a little back to front to me BUT as I say I am a newbie with absolutely no experience with frogs whatsoever so I apologise for all the questions I keep posting but I don't know where else to ask as I haven't got a lot of faith in the only so called reptile and amphibian shop near me.
I want to get this set up right.
thanks.