Thread: PacMan: New parent, need advice.

Member needs to set country!

Default PacMan: New parent, need advice.

Hello,

I have just adopted a PacMan Frog and I have one major question...
    How can I help him/her get real big, real fast? What do I feed him/her? Is there a growth hormone I can give him/her? I got this little guy/girl because I want to see it grow into a massive beast! Can anyone help me do that?

PS: How can I tell if this is a male or female?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: PacMan: New parent, need advice.

In my opinion you should just feed your new family member the recommended amount of food and make sure he/she has a large enough enclosure to grow. Feeding too much or adding growth hormones will not be in the frogs best interest.

Perhaps I was a tad overzealous and exited when I wrote that. I'm very happy about the new pet and I do want to see it grow. I had always heard of growth hormones being used on fish and the like, I (in my ignorance) thought this would be okay here too. I see that 100+ people viewed this and only you responded. That can only lead me to believe that people aren't happy with what they are reading.

So let me ask this in a different way. What are some HEALTHY and ultimately PET FRIENDLY ways, that I can help the Gama-chan (Thats his name. If he is in fact a HE) grow to a large size? Currently he is in a 10 gallon tank and being fed 1/2 Canadian Night Crawler a day. I mist the tank 2 times per day and keep the tank between 75-80*F. As far as I can tell, I'm doing everything correctly. Can you offer any advice in the way of improving this?

Nationality
    [United States]

No worries, it's hard to tell tone in these kind of messages. I'm not super knowledgeable on pacman frogs but maybe try giving Gama-chan some crickets dusted with calcium and some of Fluker's Reptile/Amphibian vitamins. Good luck

Hello Again, I've taken to coming here for advice. My PacMan was underground for about 3 full days. I attempted to feed him twice over the course of the previous 4 days, with no response from him. Normally he eats the night-crawlers with veracious passion, but not this time. I began to get a little panicked when I noticed the soil had gotten dry. I decided to try another method, I ran out and got some baby crickets and put them in the tank. I waited for some time, with still no response. I then decided I had to find him, if I disturbed him I would feel bad, but I had to know if he was dead. I gently wiggled a finger near the spot I thought he burrowed. Sure enough, he was there and quite perturbed with me. He ate 4 out of the 6 baby crickets, had a bowel movement, and has since burrowed in a different spot.

Was I wrong to have disturbed him? How long do they burrow for? Can someone please shed a little light on this for me!

Thanks!

Thread Information