Thread: Need Serious help with dry cage(mister help)

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Need Serious help with dry cage(mister help)

i've done legit everything else to stop my cages from drying at this point a lot of my frogs start burying because i could keep up with the cages drying out at this point i need to invest in their safety and get a mister that can run on 5 cages all ten gallons which mister is best for this task?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Need Serious help with dry cage(mister help)

It's going to be pricey but the Mistking is the best choice. Exo Terra has a good mister but I haven't tried the new model and they keep tampering with theirs and Mistking keeps their mister consistent. If you don't want to spend too much money on a mister you can purchase a fogger or two! The foggers work very well and are $60 compared to $130 Mistking Starter plus $100 for your extra sprayers and such. I have foggers and the Mistking and I'm pleased with them all. The Evergreen Pet Supplies Reptile Fogger is the best fogger on the market.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lanky View Post
    i've done legit everything else to stop my cages from drying at this point a lot of my frogs start burying because i could keep up with the cages drying out at this point i need to invest in their safety and get a mister that can run on 5 cages all ten gallons which mister is best for this task?
    What do their set ups look like? Can you provide photos?

Nationality
    [United States]

i can't do photos when ever i try to put photos on to my computer to upload to the forums i cant ever find them lol im not that computer savvy there cages are ten gallon aquariums 1 per frog they all have fake vine plants with a big water bowl and they all have 50 watt inferred blubs with i believe fluckers clamp lights and they got mesh tops with aluminium foil covering half of the top mesh to also keep it more moist but it doesnt work.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

50 watts on a ten gallon is a bit much. That’s what’s drying out your substrate. Get a dimmer for your light or try a lower wattage bulb. I use sheets of glass to block off the screens on my vivariums. (You can repurpose old glass from picture frames or old tanks) and I have no issues keeping humidity up. Also mist king is amazing if you decide to go that route. It will be money well spent.

7. This member thanks DanDrobates for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DanDrobates View Post
    50 watts on a ten gallon is a bit much. That’s what’s drying out your substrate. Get a dimmer for your light or try a lower wattage bulb. I use sheets of glass to block off the screens on my vivariums. (You can repurpose old glass from picture frames or old tanks) and I have no issues keeping humidity up. Also mist king is amazing if you decide to go that route. It will be money well spent.
    That's a great point about the 50 watt light lol you can use plexiglass as a lid to cover the top also. That's what I use in my builds. I have the Mistking Starter and the Evergreen Pet Supplies Reptile Fogger and they work great together! Honestly either device will work but it will cost you a lot to mist 5 tanks.

Nationality
    [United States]

plexiglass hmm can i get that at home depo and i assume i poke holes into it and even with 50 watts my cages get tops to 80's thats why i have 50 watt instead of 40 that and my local store almost never has 40's :P but thanks for the help guys i think ill see if a can get a reptile fogger and swap all the tops with plexiglass hopefully that won't be very pricey im a lil low on funds right now

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Plexiglass is actually on the pricey side; plus it warps easily. You’re better off with glass.

Nationality
    [United States]

but getting holes in glass is a real pain isn't it?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DanDrobates View Post
    Plexiglass is actually on the pricey side; plus it warps easily. You’re better off with glass.
    I've seen plexiglass at Lowe's for decent prices and they will cut it just like glass to fit. If you get the plexiglass to cover the lid or cut to fit it doesn't usually warp unless you put a lot of weight on it unevenly. I've used it for 4 years and only had 1 of 6 tanks that happen in.

Nationality
    [United States]

AAron do you just take off the whole lid when you do plexiglass and or have breatheing holes into the plexiglass also does heat from the lamps cause problems

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

AAron do you just take off the whole lid when you do plexiglass and or have breatheing holes into the plexiglass also does heat from the lamps cause problems
    You can drill holes in the plexiglass for a lid specifically or you can leave the plexiglass on partially.
    For a fogger that will save you money I bought this one too. It works the same as the other fogger I recommend you can have two tubes so this fogger can be used for two tanks. You would only need 3 check it out

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B076D...reptile+fogger

Nationality
    [United States]

https://www.chewy.com/zoo-med-reptil...UaAgugEALw_wcB i got this one and i was going to do what i saw in a video wear you cut little slits into the tubeing to service 3 tanks with one fogger

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

https://www.chewy.com/zoo-med-reptil...UaAgugEALw_wcB i got this one and i was going to do what i saw in a video wear you cut little slits into the tubeing to service 3 tanks with one fogger
    I've never heard a good review of that fogger it supposedly doesn't last very long. I'll be interested in hearing how it works

Nationality
    [United States]

sadly its the only one besides mist king that my petco sales and mistking was like 120 bucks

If you need a laugh at good ole irony, since replying to your thread I've ended up having the opposite problem. I introduced moss and then tonight I noticed mood on Lydia's log. So I'm boiling and baking that and baking all the substrate that was touching it. I also added a drainage layer beneath her log area. I'm hoping I don't need to redo her whole home this weekend, as I've been planning to get her a larger house and setting that up using the new things I've learned, but can't afford it just yet

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Wardog View Post
    I've never heard a good review of that fogger it supposedly doesn't last very long. I'll be interested in hearing how it works

That fogger is garbage and doesn't last long. I am on my second one. I wont be buying again.

20. This member thanks Sajuuk Khar for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sajuuk Khar View Post
    That fogger is garbage and doesn't last long. I am on my second one. I wont be buying again.
    I believe it. I've seen videos of how cheap they made it. The Exo Terra Fogger is garbage too.

Nationality
    [United States]

Update Sajuuk khar is completely right that Fogger is some booty i wouldn't recommend it. luckily i had a reptile expo just past and i got a sweet deal on a monsoon fogger and that one is bloody awesome does what i want and what i need. need more of them seeing as some of my frogs will be getting bigger cages. i would exo terra fogger only use as temp fogger till you can get a mistking or Monsoon set up and try other options before even getting the fogger.

Thread Information