Let me start by apologising, you see I have posted a few times over the last few days and have been changing my mind more than my underwear about the set up I want. I have now DEFINITELY decided just today that I want to go down the natural path so have committed to it by ordering my drainage substrate and mesh.
I only realised today after a bit more research that the effects natural plants/clean up crew will have will be the same effect my filters have on my fancy goldfish tank and I certainly wouldn't leave those off of there so this seems the right thing to go with now..... BUT I really need help with a couple of points.
I have an Exo Terra 18x18x24 being delivered this weekend and I want to get all my supplies together before I start anything but I need help with the heating and lighting side of things.
Could anybody help me with which light bulb I will need to keep the plants healthy and advice on UVB lighting for the frogs.
As for heating I am also a bit confused now after reading a lot of conflicting opinions . Is a heat mat best or a heat bulb. If a heat bulb is best which type and strength would I need for a tank that size?
If a heat mat is used does it go on the bottom (outside the tank) and will it heat through the drainage substrate, mesh and soil?
As I say I am very confused with the heating and lighting. Everything else I think I am O.K on So I would really appreciate some help with these two points.
Thank you.