Thread: Summer Science Experiment Release Date Approaching

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Summer Science Experiment Release Date Approaching

Hello,

We are a neurodiverse special needs homeschool family. We started our experiment by collecting tadpoles from a local man made pond at a relative's house. We are fast approaching our release date. The juvenile frogs will be released right back where we found them. With the help of a Frog Forum board member here, we were able to determine that we have Chorus Frogs. Our release date is planned for early August. Since the man made pond that the tadpoles came from is at a relatives house, (& since we are quite attached to our new froggy friends, & want them to thrive), i am going to construct a 'Garden Toad House' that ive read about on the internet. This will be made of terra cotta pots to retain moisture and provide hiding spaces. I am posting this thread to ask the board members here if there is anything else that we can do to give our new little froggy friends a boost into their new life of freedom. I think i might leave a dish of bananas in the 'Garden Toad House' to attract fruit flies for our frogs. Just to give them a little boost with getting used to catching their own food in the wild. The man made pond that they came from has been a normal breeding ground for frogs for about a decade. This our first time doing this experiment. I want to repeat this experiment next summer as well. So creating a nice land froggy haven is important to me. My relative (whose property the man made pond is on), would also appreciate a nicely put-together frog haven on land beside his pond. Please advise if anyone here has any suggestions, imput or questions.

Thanks
    Neurodiverse special needs homeschool family. We are here as part of our Science Discovery curriculum, to further our knowledge of local insect and frog food chains and life cycles. I have Autism and speak very litterally. Please dont mistake my matter-of-fact nature for rudeness.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information