Thread: I'm making Gray and White's Tree Frog Care Sheets!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Default I'm making Gray and White's Tree Frog Care Sheets!

Hello everyone!
    I have a lot of experience with both species but I will admit I am still learning more from my Gray Tree Frogs so I will be taking some time to create the care sheet for them but I have been keeping White's Tree Frogs for years and I'm going to make one for them soon. I'll be creating it on another source but my hope is that it will help anyone out who has questions and make for some happy frogs!

Let me know if you have any questions I can answer while I'm making the care sheet.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

2. This member thanks Larry Wardog for this post:

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: I'm making Gray and White's Tree Frog Care Sheets!

Not much to add, but those have been needed for this site so thank you!

5. This member thanks elly for this post:

Hi I have 8 gray tree froglets they never had red tails as tadpoles or moved much so I had no idea what they were til they became froglets. Now I'm trying to get a proper terrarium set for them but needs answers about uvb lighting and such the care sheet on here keeps giving me 404 error. Here are some pics. Let me know about lighting too. Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

That's really cool seeing your little frogs. I think a 55 gallon would be good or possibly a 75 gallon because that's a lot of frogs. You can use UVB if you want but I think I answered this on my post that it's not as necessary with these frogs if you have the right supplements. It can harm their vision but a T5 or LED light would be good and give a lot of light in the enclosure. Lots of logs and plants would be best and you should have some spots for water because these frogs live near water. You can setup little islands if you want or you can have water areas you can create with bins.

60-78 would be good for these frogs for temperature. They can tolerate colder and warmer but this would be comfortable for them. They like humidity but just like heat these frogs do best with moderate conditions. Around 50-70 humidity is good. Josh's Frogs has a complete tree frogs supplement pack and I'd just use that they are highly recommended by this forum and for good reason. You can Google Tree Frog Supplements and Josh's Frogs should show up. You can use a UVB light if you want. I'd recommend the Exo Terra UVB Compact Light.

Crickets either or both Banded Crickets and European (Pet Store) Crickets are a good staple. Also include in the diet Mealworms, Waxworms, Repti Worms and you can try Isopods and Earthworms. You can let the mealworm get to a beetle stage and feed it and let the waxworm get to be a moth so the frogs can have even more variety.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need to know more!

Nationality
    [United States]

Hi There!

This is fantastic! I just started raising my first gray tree frogs from tadpoles, and I have no frog or experience with anything that needs a tank and a humidity gauge. I’ve been reading as much as I can, and my frogs seem happy and in good health, but there isn’t a lot of info on them since they aren’t popular species to raise in captivity. I have one who is especially mischievous and has already had two run ins with near death experiences, including swallowing coconut husk from his bedding and then managing to escape his tank only to become a marionette in cat hair. We’ve since made some changes to his tank, had a long discussion with him, and he won’t be trying that again (I’m joking about the second part... sort of). Mine are still very small, about 3/4” from nose to frog bum, and they’re eating wingless flies (we call them “walks”, really if they can’t fly, what else would they be called) and the occasional thawed out, halved bloodworm. I’m hoping they’ll start growing soon, but they’ve only been frogs for about 3 or so weeks. Any interim advice you can give would be awesome!

Thank you again for putting this together!
    Kate

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

In September the care sheet will be done for the Gray Tree Frog! But it will not be a usual care sheet. I'm going to try and help keepers depending on if you caught it the climate it is from or if you bought it a suitable "general care" for anyone so no matter what situation you are in it will help or give you something to think about.

10. This member thanks Larry Wardog for this post:

100+ Post Member Cliygh and Mia 2's Avatar
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Sounds good! Perhaps include information about breeding these guys? I do someday plan on breeding the Cope's gray, and I just wanted to have some more info on how to do it before I did.

12. This member thanks Cliygh and Mia 2 for this post:

Sounds great thank you look forward to sept.

14. This member thanks JGuinan007 for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Here is the care sheet!

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...5&share_type=t

Where is the gray tree frog care sheet and copes?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JGuinan007 View Post
    Where is the gray tree frog care sheet and copes?
    I am currently working on that so it should be out relatively soon I'm finishing up the research on them and I'll begin writing this likely around next week. I promise I haven't forgotten about them!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Gray Tree Frogs Care Sheet!

Check it out!

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...5&share_type=t

Love the Whites Tree Frog caresheet! It seems like it has all the information that the people on this forum personally feel without the nonsense of the "petstore" sheets.

When I was getting my whites tree frog initially I read several articles stating that a horizontal 10 gallon was fine for their entire lives. I had one on hand and thought what the heck (since I already had the supplies from my other frog). Needless to say I quickly realized he needed bigger however for someone not willing to research further then the first few Google recommended sheets I could see that going very wrong.

Everything is super informative and I love the layout! It has all the information I spent several weeks trying to find on various forums and sites.

Can't say enough good stuff about it!

Thanks!

20. This member thanks Alyssa Martin for this post:

Thread Information