Thread: Im making an American Toad Care Sheet!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Default Im making an American Toad Care Sheet!

Hey everyone!
    I have been seeing so many people asking for advice on this species and they are my favorite amphibian so of course I want to help and share from my experiences. I will be making this care sheet on another source but I'll post it on here for you all to see and hopefully it can get passed around on here.

Let me know if you have any questions I can answer while I'm making the care sheet.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Im making an American Toad Care Sheet!

Great I'll be reading it for sure in case I ever decide to have one of those beautys. Which im sure I will.

4. This member thanks Frowg for this post:

I just subscribed to the thread. Lydia came into my life a month ago and it's been a rollercoaster of learning since then! I'm always looking for more information so I can take better care of her!

My current battle is keeping plants alive, but I'm not sure about a good light source and I don't have crazy money to stink into an endless game of trying different things. So I'll definitely be looking forward to your sheet!

6. This member thanks LydiasMom for this post:

I would be very interested in reading your care sheet whenever you do post it! I am new to toads and I am currently housing a juvenile American Toad that I've been raising for the past month.

8. This member thanks powerstare for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by powerstare View Post
    I would be very interested in reading your care sheet whenever you do post it! I am new to toads and I am currently housing a juvenile American Toad that I've been raising for the past month.
    Ooooh, you as well? How did you end up with your toad?

Quite an interesting story actually! I found him in the backseat of my car when I got home from work a month ago. Don't know how he ended up there, but I did park my car outside that day. So I took him in, did a lot of research this past month on raising young toads, and kept him ever since! He was a size of a dime when I first found him, but now has grown nearly twice as big

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Thanks everyone for posting and getting excited about the care sheet coming up. I am excited to see so many people interested in this and I'm going to make this within the next 2 weeks.

Quite an interesting story actually! I found him in the backseat of my car when I got home from work a month ago. Don't know how he ended up there, but I did park my car outside that day. So I took him in, did a lot of research this past month on raising young toads, and kept him ever since! He was a size of a dime when I first found him, but now has grown nearly twice as big
    That is really wild! I wonder how the little guy got in there!?

Lydia came into our lives just a month ago, too! And it's also a different sort of story. We were having bad storms and there was flash flooding along all the pavement, including the lowered walk along the back of my house. I happened to look out the back door at the rushing water just in time to see this little creature being swept away and fighting desperately trying to get out of the "river." I jumped out my door and scooped her up and jumped back in, opening my hands to find a highly distressed little toad. I took her in to warm her up and give her a safe place to be until the storm ended. But when it did she still didn't want to go back out. That continued. She's adopted us and in particular me. So, it's been the same sort of learning curve here, where I'm constantly reading and finding out new things and upgrading her house. I want to make sure she is happy here with us

How kind of you to rescue Lydia! Those flash floods must've been serious to have sweep Lydia like that. I'm glad that Lydia is in right hands after such a stressful moment. May she continue to live a long and healthy life!

How kind of you to rescue Lydia! Those flash floods must've been serious to have sweep Lydia like that. I'm glad that Lydia is in right hands after such a stressful moment. May she continue to live a long and healthy life!
    Thank you! I hope she does, too! What is your tiny one's name?

To be honest, I haven't given a proper name yet for the time being because its hard to determine an American Toad's sex at a young age. So I've been referring to him/her as "Toad", for now. Simplistic yet very direct

To be honest, I haven't given a proper name yet for the time being because its hard to determine an American Toad's sex at a young age. So I've been referring to him/her as "Toad", for now. Simplistic yet very direct
    That's cool! Lydia knows her name for sure, so, maybe a unisex name? Also, doubt they'll care what sex humans associate with their name. I'm definitely interested in your story with your toad, it would be neat if you started a thread to tell it as it continues!

17. This member thanks LydiasMom for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

The care sheet will be done in September for everyone! I will be making it the same as my Gray Tree Frog Care Sheet. I will help you figure out what the climate in your tank should be depending on many factors. I will have a video that will be discussing their care that will go along with these sheets. So no matter if you like video format or written format this will hopefully help you.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I have a new video coming out that will be very educational and if you keep toads this will be very interesting to you. If you missed the ad I created for the video you can view it here

This is for my upcoming video on my YouTube Channel!

YouTube Channel
    PA Woods Vivariums

Facebook Page
    PA Woods Vivariums

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...02141930246413

Video coming tomorrow and an update on the care sheet...
    It's done and I'm making corrections to the writing. It will be up soon!

20. This member thanks Larry Wardog for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Checkout the new Swarms Battle
    https://youtu.be/-9iy7J0ygGQ

Thread Information