Thread: 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐠 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐬

Default 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐠 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐬

I have a baby African bullfrog named Chuga who just wont eat night crawlers. The first day that I got him, he was able to eat 1 worm, but after that, he stopped caring for them. He loves dubia roaches and crickets, but I would rather have him eat crawlers than crickets. He hasn’t eaten for 3 days now and I’m wondering if I should just quit and try some other time. I’ve attempted rubbing it on his mouth, dangling in front of his face, but nothing seems to work. It seems as though he doesn’t like how they taste. If anyone has any methods that they have done to fix a picky eater, then please let me know.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [Sweden]

Default Re: 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐠 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐬

Why force the issue? If he doesn't like them, then don't force them on him. You could try some super worms if you don't want to feed crickets all the time, or runner roaches?

I haven't tried to give mine any night crawlers so I don't know if it's common for them not to like them or not. Just seems pointless to force the issue, that's all.

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐠 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐬

Quote Originally Posted by GourmetBanana View Post
    I have a baby African bullfrog named Chuga who just wont eat night crawlers. The first day that I got him, he was able to eat 1 worm, but after that, he stopped caring for them. He loves dubia roaches and crickets, but I would rather have him eat crawlers than crickets. He hasn’t eaten for 3 days now and I’m wondering if I should just quit and try some other time. I’ve attempted rubbing it on his mouth, dangling in front of his face, but nothing seems to work. It seems as though he doesn’t like how they taste. If anyone has any methods that they have done to fix a picky eater, then please let me know.
    I had the same issue.. after talking to multiple people, it seems it's a common thing with Pyxies..something to do with texture..they have a little trouble gripping them..

Mine outgrew crickets after a couple of months. I went crazy trying to get him to eat nightcrawlers, and he just wouldn't. Occasionally he'd grab 1..but otherwise he'd try a bunch and then give up. After a while, he stopped even trying. He'll eat pretty much anything else though..he's certainly not picky.

Thread Information