Thread: Some advice please asap

tattoofix

Default Some advice please asap

Ok Lucas finally came out after being completely buried for 5-7 days. I was soooooo excited because I got to see him chillin out in his water bowl.. Well first he got stuck in the corner so I used my tongs (the flat nonpointy end) to gently scoop under his belly and push him into his dirt. (he puffed up it was cute ) but anyway.. Since I keep his water up to his mouth the top of him is not getting clean.. He has dirt on his eyes and stuff.. I guess it's not bothering him but I don't know if it's a bad thing.. And also I figures since he had been buried for soo long he would attack anything (hence why I didn't pick him up) but I put a cricket down and he didn't eat it.. He usually eat one superworm abd about 3-5 large crickets.. Now I'm wondering if he was full from last time? He ate 6 dusted crickets.. But.. I don't know.. He started to burry himself Right under the heat lamp but I didn't know if that was good.. So I gently gave him a tap and he bounced back to his normal shadowy hiding spot and cuddled in and is the process of burying himself.. Is this normL!? Or am I being an over protective paccy mom?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

tattoofix

Default Re: Some advice please asap

Well he hopped out to under the lamp I tried to feed him a worm but no interest..

pixiefrogman

The thing with pacman frogs is that when they are hungry they will eat. So don't worry about him not eating. The time to start worrying is when he stops acting normal and losing weight. Which judging by what you said, your pacman is acting normal. When I used to have pacmans, one of them would go awhile without eating when he was younger. Also I'm not sure how big your pacman is, but if he is small don't feed him too much. Most likely he was over fed and is still digesting his food. Good Luck!

Jeff Boyardee

If he's burying himself under the heat lamp, he might just be looking for a warmer spot. The heat is what helps him digest his food.

noob

if your ever worried about your pacman and him going to the bathroom just put him in a nice warm water he should go rather fast and after that he will get hungry. as for the dirt on his head its alright he will use his back legs and push it off you should watch it( its cute haha)

tattoofix

Thanks everyone.. I think he was shedding because now he has brighter yellow and dark brown spots on him.. But I know he poops regularly but I'm just judging by what I saw in his little hole. He is still buried where the sun lamp turns on.. His eyeballs peaking out but other than that he seems fine he hops around no sprawled back legs.. Everything is fine except his eating.. But I think he is fine I guess I'm just over protective

braaandooon

i'd recommend ditching the heat lamp, they are not real practical for any amphibian, as it will dry out your frogs skin and your substrate, use an undertank tank heater and stick it to the side of your enclosure, bottom of your tank isnt really recommended as these frogs burrow and can burn them selves

tattoofix

Quote Originally Posted by braaandooon View Post
    i'd recommend ditching the heat lamp, they are not real practical for any amphibian, as it will dry out your frogs skin and your substrate, use an undertank tank heater and stick it to the side of your enclosure, bottom of your tank isnt really recommended as these frogs burrow and can burn them selves
    Trust me I tried this Before.. But my house stays BELOW 65 So A heat lamp is needed unless I choose to have head pads Lining EVERYTHING.... so I just Mist LOTS and keep his Soil nice and damp.. So its not HOrrible, plus, he is ALWAYS buried now a Days.. and Has a Hut he Can Hide in thats Cool and damp inside..

Jeff Boyardee

I use heat lamps on all 3 of my pacman tanks, and they are all thriving. I keep the soil well moistened, and mist the tank once a day. I've never had dryness problems.

Thread Information