Thread: New Member needi help.. when to introduce adolesent african web clawed to the adult tank

Nationality
    [United States]

Default New Member needi help.. when to introduce adolesent african web clawed to the adult tank

I inherited a 70 gallon tank in February from a neighbor with 3 (2 male 1 female) Albino African Web clawed frogs... the tank was in terrible condition, covered in calcium and the water so dark it was nearly black. After cleaning the filter and running for a couple of hours I finally got to see the beautiful red eyed frogs.. the female was born deformed with her back leg curved out but is now almost 5 yrs old and rules the roost. I contacted local stores and did as much research as possible and finally was able to get the frogs in a clean, safe environment. 1 week later Stella the turtle our red tailed slider was introduced and they have actually gotten along very well (except when one of the males bite her tail, she simply swims away.)
    2 weeks after the fresh clean water and turtle was introduced I turned the filter off to give the frogs some peace and quiet while I was feeding them - they are spoiled and I hand feed them ( I quickly spoiled them ) and forgot to turn it back on. 2 days later EGGS... lots and lots of eggs. My kids went nuts and I quickly set up a 30 gallon tank and transported the eggs... well now we have 24, 3 month old frogs- they eat like crazy and about 20 of them are 2.5 inches and some smaller about 1.5/2 inches. I am completely overwhelmed with all of them and would like to keep some of them, as we will soon have a 100 gallon tank set up for our amphibian family. WHEN CAN I INTRODUCE THE KIDS TO THE ADULTS???? I have some people interested in giving homes to some of my frog babies but HOW MANY CAN I HAVE IN ONE TANK 70 gallon and 100 gallon?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: New Member needi help.. when to introduce adolesent african web clawed to the adult tank

That depends on how many you wanna keep! Have you set up a for sale thread in the appropriate forum? Good luck with all your froggies!

Thread Information