HI everyone!

I homeschool a 12 year old boy and I thought about adding a frog as our class pet in our school room. I thought it would be a good school project to raise it from a tadpole(if that’s possible to buy)to frog and keep it. I have some questions though before I jump into this not properly prepared at all.

Which frog would be best for this kind of setup? We won’t really be holding him any, I would just like him to have a nice setup, but the smaller area taken the better. No gigantic 6 inch wide toads lol

I need a type that won’t need heat or lighting(anything that has to be plugged in). We live in Florida so it’s pretty hot here majority of the year but we do have occasional cold spells.

I also would rather not have anything like a tree frog that it’s life goal is to get out of the cage lol

Thank you for any and all info given. If it isn’t a good idea for any frog to not have lighting or heat pad, then I will just skip on raising one. I don’t want to give one a terrible home, so that’s why I’m here asking suggestions Thanks!