Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frog not eating or pooping . . .

Member needs to set country!

Default Re: Frog not eating or pooping . . .

I'm so glad to read he is only being a shy eater! At least I hope that's all it is. I'm sure if he continues eating and looks well, you don't necessarily need to take him to the vet, but it never hurts for him to get established at a clinic and to get a check-up.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

I'm wondering how often I should offer food ? and should he be fed in his enclosure or removed and fed in his Critter Keeper ?

Member needs to set country!

Your Pacman is a few months younger than mine and I feed her every 2-3 days. If you want to beef him up a little more (since he hasn't been eating) you can try to feed him more frequently than that.

You'll find a lot of different opinions about how to feed your frog, and honestly whatever works best for him is probably the way to go about it. Remember my friend who couldn't get her baby frog to eat? It's because he didn't like to eat food at all unless taken out of his tank, put into a separate container, and having it offered to him on tongs. I'm not sure if he's still so picky, but depending on their little personalities and how they were raised, one frog may prefer to eat one way vs. another.

Another factor to consider is if there's anything he can accidentally ingest in his enclosure (like sphagnum moss) and if it would be safer to feed elsewhere.

Nationality
    [United States]

The best feeding response I get is when I remove him from his enclosure and put him in the Critter Keeper, place the prey items, cover the tank and give him 15-20 minutes to eat in the dark, which apparently is what he prefers. Others state to always feed them in their enclosure. He has only eaten once in his enclosure and it was from tongs. I don't use sphagnum moss in his tank, but still there is always the possibility of him ingesting Eco-Earth.

Nationality
    [Canada]

If they ingest abit of eco earth its not the end of the world, its made so fine so the animal can pass it easier. Not saying let him run free eating substrate because that would be a problem but a little bit shouldn't hurt him, that's why tong feeding is the best way to feed these guys if they are being fed in the enclosure. To answer the feeding question you could offer food every second night from the last time he ate, meaning if its feeding night and he doesn't happen to eat try again the next night. If he eats that night then skip the next day and feed again on second night.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information