Thread: My first frog

Default My first frog

Hi. So a few weeks ago I bought a baby pac man frog from Brian at Leaping Lizards (my local herp store). Its maybe a month or two old, dont know for sure. I named it Silus Ill attach a picture of its enclosure and a selfie too.

I have a 18×18×12 exo terra terrarium with a heating pad and thermostat hidden in the false backing, set at 82 degrees Fahrenheit. The water dish is a modified exo terra waterfall that came faulty out of of the box and being a handy guy I built something usable with the sturdy bottom half. I have a fluorescent UV light set up on a timer strip shared with my turtle's lights, and bedding of slightly moistened expanded moss.

Ive been keeping its house clean of poop and dead crickets and changing the water several times a week and I use amphibian & fish safe dechlorinator for my tap water.

Ive fed it a few crickets here and there every few days, I fed it 1 smaller hornworm as a treat, a couple baby guppies on one day, and on another day I caught a june bug that flew into our condo and fed it to him and he ate it happily. Hasnt eaten for about a week and a half though and seems kind of skittish when I try to feed him now. On one occasion I watched him piss himself when I tried to feed him so maybe he is scared. Anything I'm doing wrong? Should I be worried about Silus not eating for over a week or will he be fine for a while like my other cold blooded friends as long as I keep trying?

Mostly silus Just sits in one spot in a little burrow he makes in the top of the moss. Hes made various burrows and seems to switch spots he hides in after feeding attempts. I havent actually seen him use his water dish, but I keep it stocked with fresh water and there is always moss inside of it so I know he uses it just when I'm not watching.

Also I occasionaly mist the terrarium with treated water. Um thats all you need to know I think let me know if I left something out. I read a book and various encyclopedias so I think I have all my basic care requirements met. Let me know if I'm wrong in any way. Please and thanks a lot.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information